Special next year | The Boneyard

Special next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team has become one of my all-time favorites ever, we were told by everyone that they have nothing to play for, the NCAA has been against them, the media has been against them, the refs haven't always given us a fair shake. We don't let any of that get us down, we never quit and we are stronger for it. Next year has all the makings of being special, tonight was just one of many learning experiences that will make us tougher and more battle tested. We have a team full of tough kids and a great leader leading them.

Reaction Score
In college sports there is only this year.

No One knows what "next year" brings.

Reaction Score
If Bazz comes back, then yes, I agree this year has been the stepping-stone/bridge year we were all hoping to see heading into next year.

If he doesn't, we're back to square 1 and might not contend again for 3-4 more years.

Reaction Score
I 100% agree here. I was thinking the same thing BEFORE Omar hits that 3 to send this game to OT. This team has as much heart as any UConn team I've seen.

Who would want to face us in the NCAA Tourney this year???

Reaction Score
No use saying if we can/cannot contend next year with or without Napier. You never know what will happen when the ball was thrown up. Was anyone saying we could win a NC before the 2010-11 season? Did anyone think we'd be on the verge of 20 wins this year?

Let's sit back and enjoy the ride. I"m not done with this year yet!

Reaction Score
People on this board are the only ones talking about Shabazz leaving and I wish it would stop, he's not on anyones NBA radar. With Bazz, Boat, Omar and Daniels there won't be any teams with a better 4 players. Everyone will be a year older and improved, we've already seen big improvements from Daniels, Omar and Niels, I also see good potential in Nolan. We will still be a bit thin down low but I love what I've seen from Facey and Brimah sounds like he has potential. Guard play is what wins in college bball, especially the tourny and we will have the best backcourt in the country.

Reaction Score
A center or lack thereof had nothing to do with this loss. Our junior PG turned the ball over twice in the last minute and left a shooter wide open for 3. Our soph PG dribbled the ball into every opposing player before taking a wild shot.

Reaction Score
No use saying if we can/cannot contend next year with or without Napier. You never know what will happen when the ball was thrown up. Was anyone saying we could win a NC before the 2010-11 season?

Yes, the last 4 years have all been unpredictable in terms of season results vs. preseason expectations: twice negatively, twice positively (and once with a euphoric conclusion).

But back in our heyday, 1994-2009, you could pretty much tell going into the season how good a team was going to be. There were a few exceptions (typically positive surprises), but generally speaking there was a predictable arc of development. Next year, with our full team back, would be the culmination of an arc of development for our senior class and likely Boat leaving as well. There are no chemistry/leadership problems with this bunch like those that plagued 2010 and last year.

Reaction Score
A center or lack thereof had nothing to do with this loss. Our junior PG turned the ball over twice in the last minute and left a shooter wide open for 3. Our soph PG dribbled the ball into every opposing player before taking a wild shot.

I'm with ya. I hope Napier and Boatright are gone next year. They have done nothing but bring this team down.

Napier to the NBA and Boatright to Mizzou. Done deal.

Reaction Score

You need to rewind. Shabazz was on Porter who was open for 3 before shuffling over to Rivera. If he stuck with Rivera,Porter takes an open 3.

Reaction Score

There's some truth to that.

But then again, Villanova was down one in OT in 2003 and tried to get to the rim for the winning bucket, but ran into a #50 in blue. That last line of defense can cover for mistakes.

Tonight it didn't have to come to that last shot, though.

Reaction Score
This team has no post season to play for yet they play with a tenacity that i have not seen from a uconn team in years outside of 2011. this team just does not have any quit in them. if everyone comes back and i dont see why they wouldnt other than wolfe this team could really be special next year. can you imagine ko getting to a final four in only his second year? can you imagine what it would do for recruiting?

DD was a man tonight. it was his coming out party. he showed the type of player he can be if he ever gets it together. omar is just fearless and is just a stud. if he gets his handle down he is going to be an absolute terror in the big east over the next 3 years. dont sleep on boat his best basketball is still ahead of him. bazz,kemba and liek all had their bonehead moments over their first two years he`ll learn just as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom