Special Huskies team 2023: a few feathers in this team’s cap | The Boneyard

Special Huskies team 2023: a few feathers in this team’s cap

Reaction Score
I know we have to battle another 40 mins but to relish what we have in this team, I picked out some of amazing, mind bending statistics from articles I’ve read, surely not all of them as below;

Until Saturday night, there hadn't been a team in 60-plus years to hold opponents to under 35% shooting in the three rounds leading up to the national title game. (The last one is Ohio in 1961)

With the 13-point victory, the Huskies are the fifth team to win five Big Dance games by 13-plus points in the same tournament since it’s expansion.

Adama Sanogo is the first Husky in history to have 100-plus points and 40-plus rebounds in one tournament.

Hawkins, who "felt like death the past two days," according to Hurley, went 3-of-4 from beyond the arc and became the sixth person ever to hit three or more 3-pointers in five games in a single NCAA Tournament.

Last but not least, we have the best big man in the nation, the best shooter in the nation and the best defender in the nation, and not one but two best freshmen in the nation.

What’s scary most is probably this: We will never know the true power or highest potential of this team because they already steamroll the teams without ever playing a perfect game. If you still question this, let this sink in: we cleared our bench in Final 4 and Semifinal games while there were 2-3 minutes left.

Reaction Score
It’s all a depressing footnote if we don’t take care of business Monday.

SDSU plays the style of bully ball that can beat anyone.

They’re not offensively gifted but they keep finding ways to come back against teams.

They beat bama. They’re putting a chip on their shoulder.

Respect them. Celebrate and compile the stats if we can pull this off Monday.

40 more minutes!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
While they have exceeded all preseason expectations, it's a huge 2006 level disappointment if they don't finish the deal Monday. They have no one to blame but themselves. :)

Truly a dominating run in the tournament so far.

Reaction Score
While they have exceeded all preseason expectations, it's a huge 2006 level disappointment if they don't finish the deal Monday. They have no one to blame but themselves. :)

Truly a dominating run in the tournament so far.
If they lose this game they'll take it to their farking graves.

We ain't losing to a bunch of (Fins) Aztecs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom