Special Edition of the Blitz w/ Emily Noonan: Meet The Coaches ~ Mike Cummings | The Boneyard

Special Edition of the Blitz w/ Emily Noonan: Meet The Coaches ~ Mike Cummings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Over the next few weeks, UConnHuskies.com will take an in-depth look at the new football coaching staff head coach Bob Diaco has assembled. The series will include feature stories along with special edition episodes of "The Blitz" for each coach. Next up, Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends Coach Mike Cummings.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011614aaa.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get the feeling we have seen the end of the spread offense as our base offense. On the bright side Casey is very good with his ball fakes and should be excellent with the play action pass. I expect our fullbacks will get some PT next year after pretty much not getting any PT in 2013.

I hope they don't take away everything that was working well at the end of last season.

Last edited:

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score

Over the next few weeks, UConnHuskies.com will take an in-depth look at the new football coaching staff head coach Bob Diaco has assembled. The series will include feature stories along with special edition episodes of "The Blitz" for each coach. Next up, Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends Coach Mike Cummings.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011614aaa.html

Mike Cummings makes it VERY clear upfront.....Emily, he is married.

Reaction Score
Cummings bores me at this point. Seems like he just wants to RUN the ball. I thought this was supposed to be a "dynamic" offense? awe man, here we go again with boring football. But if we are winning, I dont care too much. Best Show in Town Coach Diaco says. We will see shortly

Reaction Score
Cummings bores me at this point. Seems like he just wants to RUN the ball. I thought this was supposed to be a "dynamic" offense? awe man, here we go again with boring football. But if we are winning, I dont care too much. Best Show in Town Coach Diaco says. We will see shortly

Oh please no! Geez, finally some exciting offense in the last three games (real live offensive TD's) where UConn wins all three games and now - back to boring?

Reaction Score
I get the feeling we have seen the end of the spread offense as our base offense. On the bright side Casey is very good with his ball fakes and should be excellent with the play action pass. I expect our fullbacks will get some PT next year after pretty much not getting any PT in 2013.

I hope they don't take away everything that was working well at the end of last season.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth.

Reaction Score
Geez, two mentions of running and 3 mentions of passing and it's distilled down to boring football?

"Run the football and set the tempo of the game, play action passes, throw the ball down the field, screen game, go unbalanced and get a running game going that is multiple and not in a stagnant formation based on the personnel we have."

Reaction Score
Boring? The man talked vanilla because he hasn't had a chance (other than on film) to fully assess his players yet. Look at a few Central Mich games from this year. He has a mufti-faceted offensive philosophy. What did you want him to say that would have excited you? "Emily, I prefer a balls to the walls, non stop, hurry up offense replete with sweeps, reverses, long bombs, and trick plays."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If Cummings ever punts this coming season I will be pissed! sarcasm off.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I heard Cummings was asked to call in for the interview but as we know, he doesn't make calls.

Reaction Score
Boring? The man talked vanilla because he hasn't had a chance (other than on film) to fully assess his players yet. Look at a few Central Mich games from this year. He has a mufti-faceted offensive philosophy. What did you want him to say that would have excited you? "Emily, I prefer a balls to the walls, non stop, hurry up offense replete with sweeps, reverses, long bombs, and trick plays."

And that would be so bad?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
It's early days but would have been great to get his initial observations on the kids coming back are and what he thought their strengths are. Otherwise, pretty vanilla stuff. We'll see what happens come game times.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say nothing about our beloved Huskies will be boring in the coming years.

With Diaco's energy I gotta believe we will see an extra gear from our guys that we haven't seen in 3 years.

By the way...if you can't run the ball, you won't succeed at passing. At least not at the level we are playing at.

If we have a good running game this coming season, we are in for a treat in the passing game, IMHO.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
By the way...if you can't run the ball, you won't succeed at passing.

Unless Mike Leach is your coach. But other than having him running the offense, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom