Special Edition of the Blitz - Introducing Coach Diaco | The Boneyard

Special Edition of the Blitz - Introducing Coach Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great stuff…love the media blitz Warde and Diaco are doing here to energize the fanbase. The more we all hear him speak, the more we all bat our eyelids in love.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
OK, first time I've seen a video of him all dressed up. Firstly, can't believe he's 40. Secondly, can't believe he was a linebacker? He looks incredibly slim. Thirdly, the hair is mesmerizing.

Oh, and the stuff he said sounded good. I hope the athletes and the assistants who stick around buy into it.

Reaction Score
I'm psyched for the season ahead. When do season tickets go on sale again? The forced smile is a bit worrisome, but can be explained by fatigue, etc. Do you think he wants to be the next Calhoun, Geno? Will he just jump ship at the next best opportunity?

Reaction Score
I'm psyched for the season ahead. When do season tickets go on sale again? The forced smile is a bit worrisome, but can be explained by fatigue, etc. Do you think he wants to be the next Calhoun, Geno? Will he just jump ship at the next best opportunity?
Time will tell. But I wouldn't be surprised if both coaches inspire him to make a name for himself in UConn history.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
A lot of variables... but I imagine one will be our conference situation over the next few years. If he is successful and we move up... why leave? Either way I'm just planning on enjoying the ride.

Reaction Score

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Reaction Score
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

he cant be the next Calhoun or geno, due to the fact he will not be able to win national championships in the AAC

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
he cant be the next Calhoun or geno, due to the fact he will not be able to win national championships in the AAC
You might be able to draw a parallel with JC (not Geno) in that it took roughly 10 years to go from Chris Smith (upsetting established teams, emerging as a conference contender) to Emeka (national power). Fans and WM /SH expect Diaco to be competitive in the conference right away, now if he can live up to that promise and sustain it, and then if he decided to do what Geno & Jim did and see it through, and if the ACC /B1G get itchy to expand, then yes he can be the next JC/Geno. My guess is Diaco would move on to a bigger football name before UConn gets a P5 invite, but both events are far enough on the future to not fret over.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Back on subject, UConn has a real ace in the hole with Emily Noonan.

It's on her schedule and timeline that she leaves for a national gig.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Forced smile? Looked tired and happy to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom