Speaking of Cheers, The Guru | The Boneyard

Speaking of Cheers, The Guru

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I was there as a student then, he certainly did get the crowds at the soccer games fired up. But everyone simply called him Jeremy. I didn't know a single person who once referred to him as the guru.

Reaction Score
I liked when the other team fouled and the cheer section would start the “you, you, you, you, it’s oooon you. That’s who”

Also a big fan of football red zone “stick it in” even tho we haven’t been so lucky recent years

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I liked when the other team fouled and the cheer section would start the “you, you, you, you, it’s oooon you. That’s who”

Also a big fan of football red zone “stick it in” even tho we haven’t been so lucky recent years
The stick it in chant died with Bob Diaco.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was there as a student then, he certainly did get the crowds at the soccer games fired up. But everyone simply called him Jeremy. I didn't know a single person who once referred to him as the guru.

I recall him being called the Guru, and Jeremy. Mid 80's timeframe. It would be nice if the new stadium allows UConn Soccer to get that level of interest again.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"Unfortunately, Altman would leave UConn before the basketball team really took off. The Guru would lead chants for the last time in 1987, one year before the Huskies 1988 “Dream Season” where they won the NIT."

Head bang

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Unfortunately, Altman would leave UConn before the basketball team really took off. The Guru would lead chants for the last time in 1987, one year before the Huskies 1988 “Dream Season” where they won the NIT."

Head bang
Obviously he was holding us back.

Reaction Score
I am sometimes reminded of the many great cheers, including the "U-G-L-Y" cheer, harkening back to the glory days of Soccer Sundays, packed stadiums, and kegs in the crowds. Opposing goalies were rattled. The home crowd was excited. Coach Calhoun and Coach Auriemma just arrived. And so did The Guru. Great times.

http://dailycampus.com/stories/2018...ks-back-on-time-spent-cheering-on-the-huskies
Ah, the North Goal Gang, those were fun times! There was no escape for the keeper. Everybody would go to the other goal at halftime to sit behind the opposition's goalkeeper to continue harassing him in the 2nd half. Not exactly a UConn cheer, but there was the occasional chant of "soccer baby" every time a young mom would push her stroller past us. I miss the hot chocolate and doughnuts from the tent, too. Do they still do that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom