Sparks Defeats the Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Finally back in the win column. 90-85.

I don't know what Parker did..... I dont care how she played...... but

Chelsea Gray with 23 pts on 8-10 shooting....... 5 assists..... 4 rebounds... and zero turnovers in 24 minutes :cool:

averaging 18 pts on 68% shooting the past four games...... hopefully the coach will continue to play her increased minutes for the rest of this season.... and next. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Finally back in the win column. 90-85.

I don't know what Parker did..... I dont care how she played. but

Chelsea Gray with 23 pts on 8-10 shooting.. 5 assists..... 4 rebounds... and zero turnovers in 24 minutes :cool:

averaging 18 pts on 68% shooting the past four games. hopefully the coach will continue to play her increased minutes for the rest of this season.... and next. :)

Candace was awful 2 for 12 in 33 Mins but so was DT. 1 for 7 Head bang.

Reaction Score
Candace was awful 2 for 12 in 33 Mins but so was DT. 1 for 7 Head bang.

Just proves they are not ROBOTS --and people with the same human failings of being tired physically and mentally, have off nights, and while ALmost perfect they aren't . Can you believe DT missed another 3 after all the threes she missed in 2001?? She should be fired!!\
(obviously tongue in cheek)

Reaction Score
Great game to watch!

Chelsea has shown flashes of brilliance since she got her chances to play in the WNBA. She had a great game against Wash. last year but then got hurt or something.

She may be what LA needs to go over the top.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I was pretty shocked at The Mercs D, pretty non existent other than Xargay face guarding Tolliver who basically quit. Brondello subbed and lost the lead, that one is on her.

Reaction Score
Striper-----------Last years coach A D was too methodical. She would be uncomfortable with a player like Chelsea who is creative. She never knew what she was going to do any given game or play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that Chelsea looks as if she needs to slim down, but she sure can shoot (of late).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think that Chelsea looks as if she needs to slim down, but she sure can shoot (of late).
She made need to slim down but Chelsea has pretty much the same build that she had in HS at St Mary's & Duke. How many of can say the same thing?
th
th

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sandy Brondello needs to go! This team needs a guard that can stop dribble penetration. Chelsea Gray did what wanted.

I have never agreed with a post more. Brondello is completely ineffective as a coach this year, getting the least out of her players. And Phoenix doesn't have a guard who can keep her player from penetrating. It is painful to watch.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was pretty shocked at The Mercs D, pretty non existent other than Xargay face guarding Tolliver who basically quit. Brondello subbed and lost the lead, that one is on her.

Her substitution patterns have been horrible all year. This team has no rhythm to it. Phoenix has traded some young talent away and brought in some guards, none of which is a good PG.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How about BG having 16 rebounds when going up against one of the best front lines in the league. There were a few where Nneka snatched them away when BG should have had them, but overall that is what I think she could do every night.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
How about BG having 16 rebounds when going up against one of the best front lines in the league. There were a few where Nneka snatched them away when BG should have had them, but overall that is what I think she could do every night.

Sorry ETT BG did do her part but I was talking about the team D and lack of help. If BG is pulled away from under the basket she can't help, someone else has to step up.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sorry ETT BG did do her part but I was talking about the team D and lack of help. If BG is pulled away from under the basket she can't help, someone else has to step up.

I agree completely. The team D is horrendous, and partly because most of the team is starting to get up there in years, I am sad to say. the best thing that could happen for Phoenix is that they miss the playoffs and get in the draft lottery so that they can pick up a quality guard to run the offense. Let DT stand out there there and shoot threes like she did in the Olympics. Her value at this point in her career is that of a team leader and shooter but not a defender.

Reaction Score
I believe Chelsea has slimmed down from last year. The thing with her is that she always looks slower than she actually is. That is partially by design. She is really tricky. She seldom shows her top speed except in bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom