Sparks Announce New Coaching Staff | The Boneyard

Sparks Announce New Coaching Staff

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sparks Hire Fred Williams and Latricia Trammell as Assistant Coaches.

"LOS ANGELES, CA (Jan. 22, 2019) – Sparks Executive Vice President and General Manager Penny Toler announced today the hiring of former Dallas Wings head coach Fred Williams as assistant coach. Williams served as head coach of the Wings from 2014 to 2018 and has coached professional and collegiate women’s basketball for over 35 years. He, along with Latricia Trammell, will make up the coaching staff led by head coach Derek Fisher." This is great news for Sparks fans.

“I’m excited to add Fred to the Sparks family,” Fisher said. “Fred knows the WNBA as well as anyone in the business and has incredible experience, including guiding a team to the WNBA Finals. He will be a great addition to what we’re building in Los Angeles.”

It's a homecoming for Williams whose head coaching resume includes the University of Southern California (1995-1997), the Utah Starrz (1999-2001), the Atlanta Dream (2012-2013), who he led to the WNBA Finals in 2013, and the Wings. Williams was an assistant under Linda Sharp at USC when they won their two national championships in 1983 & 1984."

“I’m humbled and appreciative for the opportunity be a part of the Sparks family,” Williams said. “In watching the Sparks over the years, it’s clear that the fans and the Sparks ownership group is committed to bringing another championship to Los Angeles. I look forward to working alongside Coach Fisher in pursuit of that goal.” Williams is from Inglewood, California and is a graduate of Boise State University."

"Adidtionally, Sparks Executive Vice President and General Manager Penny Toler announced today the hiring of Latricia Trammell as assistant coach. Trammell served as an assistant coach for the San Antonio Stars in 2017 and has 24 years of coaching experience. She now joins the coaching staff led by Sparks head coach Derek Fisher.

“I’m thrilled to have Latricia join the Sparks family,” Fisher said. “Latricia has a proven track record of developing players and winning titles at several levels of women’s basketball. Her expertise will be instrumental to the Sparks.”

[The rest of the story]

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both sound better than Derek Fisher but LA bloodlines run deep.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Both sound better than Derek Fisher but LA bloodlines run deep.

I agree. I would much rather see Williams as their head coach. The players will love him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom