Southington's Jay Rose finishing long journey at UConn: 'Don't regret any of it' (M. Anthony @ Hearst) | The Boneyard

Southington's Jay Rose finishing long journey at UConn: 'Don't regret any of it' (M. Anthony @ Hearst)

Reaction Score

-> Tight ends coach Corey Edsall and Rose recently had a conversation while looking at a picture taken during their first training camp together, in 2017.

“I said, man, that seems like 10 years ago,” Corey Edsall said. “We talked about the journey and he and I being together now going on our fifth year, how much things have changed, how much he’s changed. He came in and couldn’t have been rawer as an athlete and a tight end. Now, he uses great technique and he’s a leader for us. He’s just grown a lot personally and a lot as a football player. That’s the coolest thing to say.” <-

->In August 2020, Rose sustained a torn pectoral muscle while bench pressing. The injury required surgery. He missed spring practice and wasn’t cleared for full activity until around June 1. Still, his weight is up (about 255) while his body fat is down.

“He’s moving really well and our strength and conditioning people said, ‘Coach, he can handle this [extra weight],’ ” Randy Edsall said. “Jay is a good kid. He’s a hard worker. I just want him to be able to stay healthy and get through a whole season. The big thing we’ve challenged him on is to become a better blocker. We know he can catch the ball and do all those things, but we want him to take his game to another level. Hopefully all the injuries are behind him.” <-

->“The wins haven’t been there but Rome wasn’t built in a day,” Rose said. “That’s where we’re at now. I think this year is going to prove to people that the work has been put in. You can’t just come in and flip a program around in one or two years. You need the guys, and we’re at that point now. You’re going to see it on the field.” <-

Reaction Score
-> You can’t just come in and flip a program around in one or two years. You need the guys, and we’re at that point now. You’re going to see it on the field.” <-
Let‘s get at it!

Reaction Score
It feels like there is so much more positivity around the team this year. It's got me so pumped for kick off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom