South Florida Recruits & Roster | The Boneyard

South Florida Recruits & Roster

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USF continues their penchant of signing Quality foreign players.

Women’s Basketball Nabs Another Five-Star Recruit

At some point and time, I would think USF would be able to sign a USA born Top 25 players as they are a quality program. I wonder if Jose even makes an effort to sign any of the Top 25 USA players or has he made so many inroads in Europe that its easier to get similar skilled players out of Europe over USA players.

Six of the 10 players currently on USF's Roster are foreign born Women's Basketball - Roster - GoUSFBulls.com—Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South Florida

They have good size on their roster.

Reaction Score
As one renowned foreign college player once remarked, " I no come thousands of miles to play defense but put ball in basket' !

Reaction Score
It's a good strategy to go after the foreign players. Jose knows he can't compete in recruiting against the top ranked schools. This is a way to improve his team to the point that he may start to get more competitive in the recruiting arena.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To me, USF and DePaul are very similar with precision passing schemes and good shooting on offense but not very athletic. This is like chum to UConn so some of the largest blowouts seem to result (especially if they are cold). They cant "muck" up the game or challenge a defense with enough athleticism and they cant really play good man-man for the same reason. The European players seem to generaly fall in this category. Ultimately, a good mix is needed.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
As one renowned foreign college player once remarked, " I no come thousands of miles to play defense but put ball in basket' !

Isn't this something Svet told Geno a few years ago? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The man could fill his entire team with foreign nationals and still will not beat UConn. Even when he had Courtney W. and a bench of them folks. Ain't going to happen.

Reaction Score
USF continues their penchant of signing Quality foreign players.

Women’s Basketball Nabs Another Five-Star Recruit

At some point and time, I would think USF would be able to sign a USA born Top 25 players as they are a quality program. I wonder if Jose even makes an effort to sign any of the Top 25 USA players or has he made so many inroads in Europe that its easier to get similar skilled players out of Europe over USA players.

Six of the 10 players currently on USF's Roster are foreign born Women's Basketball - Roster - GoUSFBulls.com—Official Athletics Web Site of the University of South Florida

They have good size on their roster.
Two other colleges that come to mind that recruit foreign players heavily are U Maine and Duquesne. These schools seem to have recruiters that specialize in foreign players.

Reaction Score
Looks like a good recruit. Hope she's more interesting to watch than that Laksa kid, who must the most boring-to-watch skilled player in all or WCBB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom