South Carolina | The Boneyard

South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched the game today and although it was not very fluid i do admit. I came away impressed with South Carolina. They were down but kept fighting. . They also have a great deal of potential that is yet untapped. To me by the end of the year they will be formidable. There size inside is impressive. they also have athletic guards. I'm excited to have another good team on the national scene. To me them being number one is good for the game. I think they should keep that spot until they are beaten. What does it matter to us. If we want it back we have to beat them. Go Huskies. I am very pleased how we have responded to the Stamford loss and feel if we stay hungry and continue to incorporate Williams and Chong into the lineup we will be 8 deep and very hard to stop. Just think Stewart and Jefferson have yet to hit their stride yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I watched the game today and although it was not very fluid i do admit. I came away impressed with South Carolina. They were down but kept fighting. . They also have a great deal of potential that is yet untapped. To me by the end of the year they will be formidable. There size inside is impressive. they also have athletic guards. I'm excited to have another good team on the national scene. To me them being number one is good for the game. I think they should keep that spot until they are beaten. What does it matter to us. If we want it back we have to beat them. Go Huskies. I am very pleased how we have responded to the Stamford loss and feel if we stay hungry and continue to incorporate Williams and Chong into the lineup we will be 8 deep and very hard to stop. Just think Stewart and Jefferson have yet to hit their stride yet.
Sorry, Rob, but I just didn't see the same SoCar team you did. I saw a team that belongs in the bottom half of the top ten most years, not a final four team.

Reactions: HGN

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sorry, Rob, but I just didn't see the same SoCar team you did. I saw a team that belongs in the bottom half of the top ten most years, not a final four team.

Who would you have in front of them? Baylor, Texas, and Notre Dame?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'll be the first to admit that we haven't played like a number one team for much of the season, so far, but I'm not complaining about the ranking. The OP makes a good point about the good of the sport. We're a school with a very large fan base that always had a core group of WBB supporters (myself included) that is now bringing in some of our fans that never followed WBB. Anytime a visiting team can bring close to 3000 fans, it means the sport is growing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Who would you have in front of them? Baylor, Texas, and Notre Dame?
Did you notice the phrase "most years?" But the lack of anyone to displace them doesn't mean they are a good basketball team.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
First, I didn't see the SC/Duke game. But this is a phenomena of WCBB. Since there are so few teams of quality, when two teams at the same level play each other, they cancel each other out, and the result is a poorly played game. Think of the casual observer who only watched UConn play Stanford. Would they think UConn was a quality team, based on that performance? I'm willing to cut SC some slack for what might have been a poorly played game by them. Give them some credit for hanging in there and pulling out a win in the end. That's more than UConn was able to do against Stanford.

Reaction Score
I think both SC & Duke were very tight- they both knew what was at stake w/respect to the rankings. I don't think either team really played "their" game at all, they were both very nervous out there. Especially during the first half my God that was painful to watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Did you notice the phrase "most years?" But the lack of anyone to displace them doesn't mean they are a good basketball team.

So you're saying the only good team this year is UConn.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Brings to mind two Sports Cliches:

On any given night.....

That's why they play the games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors