South Carolina vs Alabama State | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Alabama State

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was looking at the box scores of some of the games, and I noticed with South Carolina, the starters were all forwards, and the bench were all guards. If you are watching this game, is this a mis-print?

Reaction Score
It's a misprint Harris, Spann, and Cliney are guards and started.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looked at the scoreboard on ESPN W... SC is having their way with an over matched opponent.

Reaction Score
Yes. USC demolished a very slight opponent. The one thing that I hoped to see was Herbert-Herrigan would be a serious scoring threat.
I don't think that she is at Coates' level just yet but I believe she will be better. By mid-season we may have Coates' (HH) - Wilson 2.0.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes. USC demolished a very slight opponent. The one thing that I hoped to see was Herbert-Herrigan would be a serious scoring threat.
I don't think that she is at Coates' level just yet but I believe she will be better. By mid-season we may have Coates' (HH) - Wilson 2.0.

By Coates/Wilson 2.0, If you’re looking for that high/low game that we used to see Coates and Wilson run then you’re not going to see it from Harrigan and Wilson... you’re better option for the high/low is Wilson and Jennings... but even Jennings moves around way more than Coates.

Harrigan is not the physical specimen that Coates is but Harrigan gives us such a different look at the forward spot that we’ve never really had (Williams does also, but she needs time.. just like Harrigan did her freshmen year). Harrigan is a finesse forward.. Coates was a powerful low block center..

Harrigan will definitely be a serious scoring threat for us this year. She eclipsed her career high in both games we’ve played so far (I think she had 18 points last night).. She’s long and quick.. handles the ball and can push it up court. She scored several times last night in transition taking the ball up court herself, beating guards. She can shoot the midrange and has expanded her range to the 3. She’s a player that’s going to benefit all season long from everybody collapsing on Wilson and being at the bottom of the scouting report.

Reaction Score
For the 3 years they played together I thought Aja played better without Alaina in there. It just gave Wilson more room to operate and opened the floor for the wings. When Coates injury happened SC offense opened up and it was a big difference at the end of the season!

Reaction Score
By Coates/Wilson 2.0, If you’re looking for that high/low game that we used to see Coates and Wilson run then you’re not going to see it from Harrigan and Wilson... you’re better option for the high/low is Wilson and Jennings... but even Jennings moves around way more than Coates.

Harrigan is not the physical specimen that Coates is but Harrigan gives us such a different look at the forward spot that we’ve never really had (Williams does also, but she needs time.. just like Harrigan did her freshmen year). Harrigan is a finesse forward.. Coates was a powerful low block center..

Harrigan will definitely be a serious scoring threat for us this year. She eclipsed her career high in both games we’ve played so far (I think she had 18 points last night).. She’s long and quick.. handles the ball and can push it up court. She scored several times last night in transition taking the ball up court herself, beating guards. She can shoot the midrange and has expanded her range to the 3. She’s a player that’s going to benefit all season long from everybody collapsing on Wilson and being at the bottom of the scouting report.
I am happy to hear this on all fronts. I like Dawn. I think she runs a great program. It would've been a shame for her to win the Nat'l Chip and then have a drastic fall off.

I would like for her/USC to be mentioned each year just as Maryland, ND etc

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Herbert Harrigan, Cliney, and Harris will be the keys for a successful season and a chance to reach another FF.Everyone knows that span is a shooter and Wilson is going to be Wilson. But nobody knows what to expect agaisnt HH, Harris and Cliney. They all look stronger and faster and improved. Harris only had 9 points and 4 assist but only played 15 mins. When she was in the game she had command of the team and looks unfazed about meeting the moment. I think she'll have a jaw dropping game Monday night. She took it easy in the first two games but I think it's safe to say Dawn's going to unleash her Monday.

Cliney has really impressed me. Her defense has always been stellar but it seems she's took it up a notch this year. 4 steals in the exhibition and 5 last night. If she can shut down players like Sophie Cunningham, Vivians, Nared then she could be in serious conversation for SEC DPOY. Her offense has improved also no longer is she hesistant to shoot or get rid of the ball as soon as she touches it. She played some PG last night so that's a good sign that her decision making is better as well. Her shot looks good and her passing ability has gotten better. Expect a big year from Cliney.

Lastly Ms. Herbert Harrigan. She looks so lean and smooth and her versatility has gotten even better. She made a nasty cross over step back jump shot move on a Al St. guard last night. Her range is out to the 3 point line, her defense is better and she's handling the ball up the floor like a guard. HH is going to have an All-SEC year. Very underrated but she was a sleeper out of High school and will wake everyone up this year!! Expecting great things from her! In store for another exciting season of basketball!!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The Gamecocks play at Maryland on Monday night so we'll know a lot more after that game. Bianca Cuevas-Moore didn't play Friday night and she won't play on Monday with a sprained knee. I sure hope she's back soon.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The Gamecocks play at Maryland on Monday night so we'll know a lot more after that game. Bianca Cuevas-Moore didn't play Friday night and she won't play on Monday with a sprained knee. I sure hope she's back soon.

We need Bianca back ASAP. That’s 10-15 points off the board right there.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We need Bianca back ASAP. That’s 10-15 points off the board right there.

She appeared to have a soft cast on her knee on Friday night. I have a feeling she's going to miss a few more games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom