South Carolina Transfers | The Boneyard

South Carolina Transfers

Reaction Score
1535FAEA-ABAC-4274-B462-05AF1156B9AE.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow...MHH is a big loss. Very talented player. If she is a grad transfer she'd be a great fit for UCONN next year with her length and perimeter shooting.

Reaction Score
I heard rumors there was quite a bit of turbulence between Harrigan and Staley for most the season this year. Still shocked to see her go, she is a big loss.

Jackson is still quality depth and showed flashes at times.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Williams and Jackson wasn't a really big surprise to me Kiki was though.

Agree on first two.

Herbert-Harrigan is a surprise but not shocking when you consider her career and the late season discipline

a loss to team but very inconsistent. Curious to see if we see grad transfer now.

Reaction Score
Question to SC Fans: How is Amihere doing? I know she tore her ACL again has she had surgery, what does the timetable for her look like ?

Reaction Score
Question to SC Fans: How is Amihere doing? I know she tore her ACL again has she had surgery, what does the timetable for her look like ?
Excuse me if she did not tear her ACL again I could have miss read that.

Reaction Score
Wow...MHH is a big loss. Very talented player. If she is a grad transfer she'd be a great fit for UCONN next year with her length and perimeter shooting.

yes she's had some good moments at South Carolina..............not sure she is a grad transfer but certainly would help up front next year if that's the case........

Reaction Score
Yes she had her surgery on her ACL back in February. As of the first weekend of the NCAA tourney, she was off her crutches, wearing a knee immobilizer. Expectations are she will rehab at SC and should be ready to play next season.

yes she's had some good moments at South Carolina....not sure she is a grad transfer but certainly would help up front next year if that's the case...
KHH not a grad transfer. Will have to sit out a year.

Reaction Score
Agree on first two.

Herbert-Harrigan is a surprise but not shocking when you consider her career and the late season discipline

a loss to team but very inconsistent. Curious to see if we see grad transfer now.
I must have missed the late season discipline story. I always enjoyed watching her play (admittedly a bit less when she was playing well vs us, but even then I always liked her).

Reaction Score
She and Cuevas-Moore were suspended for undisclosed reason.

Herbert Harrigan returns to lead Gamecocks to Sweet 16

I thought she had a really good year shooting the ball and blocking shots. I had her pencilled in as a starter who could stretch the floor, but I've never really trusted her.

I liked what I saw from Saxton on the boards, but she's a much more limited offensive player thus far. She won't be extending too far from the basketball, which suggests USC might get a little congested in the paint again.

I thought Bianca Jackson had a good year as a freshman and was headed towards being a much better version of role players that have limited us in the past.

I'd probably have pencilled her in as a starter, but that definitely in jeopardy with the freshmen. I didn't think she made any progress this past season. She was hurt by all the depth, I think, and never got a set role. Join the club.

Williams couldn't get off the bench. I actually thought she had one good game and I was confused at how little she played against teams with size. I suspect coach knows best and I saw an outlier, but would have liked to see what she could do a bit more. But not a big loss to the team.

I think the best version of Herbert-Harrigan could have been all conference and a really good stretch four who could protect the rim beside Boston. I do think the ceiling of the team has been diminished a bit pending transfer season.

Reaction Score
She and Cuevas-Moore were suspended for undisclosed reason.

Herbert Harrigan returns to lead Gamecocks to Sweet 16
I wouldn't read too much into the suspension. In the piece, Staley said it was minimal, and it was for less than a game. This sounds to me like something like being late for practice, or the suspension that held Carter and Khaalia Hillsman out of the starting lineup vs Miss State last year when they thought they could make a fast food run as an alternative to the provided lunch but ended up being late for a bus.

I'd be cautious in general about interpreting transfer decisions. How events from last year at A&M have been portrayed adds to that, but I like to think I would be cautious in this area in any case.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This would be a big deal if true. Is there a link to a news story somewhere?

I don’t recall seeing confirmation that it was a second acl tear. There was discussion here a couple of months ago about Amihere sitting on the SC bench (she enrolled in January) with crutches and a brace on her right leg. She had previously had acl surgery on her left knee.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes she had her surgery on her ACL back in February. As of the first weekend of the NCAA tourney, she was off her crutches, wearing a knee immobilizer. Expectations are she will rehab at SC and should be ready to play next season.

KHH not a grad transfer. Will have to sit out a year.

Unless she goes to Notre Dame.

PS. Yeah, I'm still POed about that shady deal.

Reaction Score
People love to pile on players when they transfer, but maybe in some cases its on the coach?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looks like the Freshmen can get plenty of playing time.

Reaction Score
Tea Cooper also transferring. Anyone have inside information about this?
She seems more interested in trying to be a model than basketball so I don't know why she won't just pursue that.

Reaction Score
Goodness South Carolina has a lot of transfers. What is it now 10 or 11 in the last 3 or 4 season and that's not including Cuevas-Moore who Staley had to convince to stay. How long until Boston has buyer's remorse?

Reaction Score
South Carolina has had a very high turnover rate under Dawn. By year two or three, I bet you half that incoming freshman class is gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom