BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Not too bad, actually.

IMG_1534.JPG

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Versus ranked opponents they average 44.4% FG, 76 points, 3.6 made 3PFGs, 18 fouls, 12.16 assists & 14.83 turnovers. Conversely UConn averages vs ranked opponents 51.05% FG, 82 points, 7.625 made 3PFGs, 13.75 fouls, 21.375 assists & 13.375 turnovers. I'm thinking it should be a good competitive game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's a road game for SC. Gampel pavilion is sold out for this game. The student section will be as loud and rowdy as ever. The game will nationally televised for everyone across the country to see.
Gampel is not an easy venue to play/win in. UConn have Geno and they don't. UConn is better equipped to stop them, than they are to stop the Huskies. I like our chances.

Massey says favors UConn by 91% He predicts UConn wins by 14 points 77 - 63. I like Massey, he's very seldom wrong. Go Huskies.

What will it mean if UConn jumps this final hurdle, and runs the table until the NCAA tournament begins? (approx 7 games). They will be closer to another undefeated season than at any other time this season. Same format as last year. UConn goes into the tournament as the overall #1 seed. UConn hosts the 1st/2nd round at Gampel pavilion - 3rd & 4th round at Bridgeport - semi final & final rounds in Dallas. The regular season is over two weeks after the South Carolina game on Monday (@USF). How far can UConn go? I don't look for any dark horse's to crash the party like last year. I think the two teams in the championship game will come from the current top 11. Don't count Stanford out, or over look them at #11. Stranger things have happened for them at tournament time. They beat #1 seed Notre Dame 90-84 last year. Who's the final four in your bracket this year?

USA Today Coaches Poll:

1 Connecticut (31) 22-0 775
2 Maryland 23-1 739
3 Mississippi State 23-1 695
4 Florida State 22-2 660
5 Baylor 23-2 652
6 South Carolina 20-2 640
7 Notre Dame 22-3 588
8 Washington 22-3 533
9 Oregon State 22-2 527
10 Texas 19-4 503
11 Stanford 20-4 428

The AP has the same teams in the top 11, but in a different order.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Versus ranked opponents they average 44.4% FG, 76 points, 3.6 made 3PFGs, 18 fouls, 12.16 assists & 14.83 turnovers. Conversely UConn averages vs ranked opponents 51.05% FG, 82 points, 7.625 made 3PFGs, 13.75 fouls, 21.375 assists & 13.375 turnovers. I'm thinking it should be a good competitive game.
They know they are supposed to lose and they won't disappoint.

Reaction Score
Big games Monday on Espn. Florida State vs Texas, the winner is my choice for FF, UConn vs USC, UConn in FF. In addition Baylor and Maryland will be the FF choices based on completely off the wall guess!!!

Reaction Score
I figured this to be SC's year, what with the 2 bigs and the transfers, and this was supposed to be UConn's transition year between great teams. There has to be more pressure on SC than on UConn. In fact, if SC doesn't win it all this year, I, at least, FWIW, would consider it a significantly disappointing year for them.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
In a perfect world for SCar this game would be a mix of the Baylor, Texas, & Maryland games with the skills of a few other tops teasm sprinkled in for a bit more assurance. Baylor had the post size but not the post skill of SCar. Texas had the guard play and quicks but not the finishing power of a player like Alaina Coates. Maryland had the offense but not the defense (I admittedly am not sure if SCar's defense is better this year than last year). If SCar shows up with the size of Baylor, the pace of Texas, the offense of Maryland, and the defense of FSU all they would need is the ball security of a UConn team and they would be perfectly set for an upset.

It is much more likely they play to their averages though. I hope to see a well played competitive game with the Huskies coming out on top. Hopefully that one student who wears the dog costume is there and there are blue and while war painted faces.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I figured this to be SC's year, what with the 2 bigs and the transfers, and this was supposed to be UConn's transition year between great teams. There has to be more pressure on SC than on UConn. In fact, if SC doesn't win it all this year, I, at least, FWIW, would consider it a significantly disappointing year for them.
I would say if they don't get to the FF this year it would be very disappointing.

Reaction Score
I would say if they don't get to the FF this year it would be very disappointing.
Good call, Nuyoika: that's a better assessment than my earlier one.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Good call, Nuyoika: that's a better assessment than my earlier one.
I think this would be the 4th year they have had a #1 seed (assuming they get 1 this year which I do not believe is in doubt) and they have gone 1 for 3. So I think going 1 for 4 would be very disappointing. I mean I guess that's good for parity so on and so forth...

Reaction Score
Big games Monday on Espn. Florida State vs Texas, the winner is my choice for FF, UConn vs USC, UConn in FF. In addition Baylor and Maryland will be the FF choices based on completely off the wall guess!!!
If the brackets stay as projected, which can always change, then it's either MD or UCONN in the FF, but not both, presuming they win out come the tourney.

Reaction Score

With UConn's incoming class and its two transfers, you might add that SC and everyone else in WCBB will not see a NC for at least four years (i.e., till Megatron graduates). Get us now OR fugget it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

You know how bad they want to beat UConn. Well, this is their best chance to do so. They better get UConn NOW!!! Because next year, UConn will be traveling in a brand new "Rooster Cruiser" - as referenced in a "City National Bank" commercial during UConn games on SNY).

To anyone that would play UConn - IF you think UConn is tough THIS year, next year's team will be more talented and much deeper, and intent on building on the success of this year's team. A bad dream (UConn) is going to turn into a horrifying nightmare of the worst kind..........a recurring nightmare. :eek: You've been warned. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom