South Carolina @ Maryland | The Boneyard

South Carolina @ Maryland

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Who plans to watch? Massey has SCar as a 3 point favorite. I hope it's actually that close. I am really not sure what to expect from either team tonight. Lots of new faces. Maryland can play pretty inspired at home. I think it could go either way. I do think a win would benefit Maryland more than a loss would hurt SCar. Anyway the game is on @ 7pm EST via ESPN2.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Who plans to watch? Massey has SCar as a 3 point favorite. I hope it's actually that close. I am really not sure what to expect from either team tonight. Lots of new faces. Maryland can play pretty inspired at home. I think it could go either way. I do think a win would benefit Maryland more than a loss would hurt SCar. Anyway the game is on @ 7pm EST via ESPN2.

Definitely the marquee matchup of the day. Or as Seth Greenberg would say, the marquis matchup.

South Carolina is almost certainly the better team at this point, but Maryland may get a bump from playing at home. Stephanie Jones, Brionna's younger sister), had an amazing stat line against Albany (11 pts, 18 rebs, 4 assists, 6 steals, 3 blocks) but she could be overmatched against A'ja. Will be a fun one to watch.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Definitely tuning in to get an early feel for SC. I can't see MD winning. I think SC will have a double digit win which will than lead to comments about SC being bad for WCBB. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I am predicting a double digit loss for the Lady Terps. Out of the three games Maryland played so far (two exhibitions), Jones been outstanding in two of them. Had 28 points in the first exhibition game. Blair Watson had 30 in the 2nd exhibition game. In the Washington Post Brenda hit it on the nose, Maryland will be way better in February than in November.

Maryland women’s basketball vs. No. 4 South Carolina preview

Here is a preview of the game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am predicting a double digit loss for the Lady Terps. Out of the three games Maryland played so far (two exhibitions), Jones been outstanding in two of them. Had 28 points in the first exhibition game. Blair Watson had 30 in the 2nd exhibition game. In the Washington Post Brenda hit it on the nose, Maryland will be way better in February than in November.

Maryland women’s basketball vs. No. 4 South Carolina preview

Here is a preview of the game.
I think that's probably fair - SC by 13-15. But I think there will be long stretches where it's a close game. But just a few SC runs of 7-2 or something like that could give them the MOV...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Go turtles :)

Should the nickname of a college sports team which should encourage speed be nicknamed "turtles". Maybe that hurts recruiting? :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Might as well take a look at two top 15 teams on UConn's schedule this season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Should the nickname of a college sports team which should encourage speed be nicknamed "turtles". Maybe that hurts recruiting? :rolleyes:
I didn't make the name. They do get good players.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
The Lady Vol fans barely like their own coaches and players... you seriously think they would have conference loyalty?

HA.
I think they still have a little bit of conference loyalty; at least for now. When they think they can't beat SCar anymore that will change. Then you will see a true conference rivalry the likes of UConn v Notre Dame in the old big east. Or Baylor v TAMU in the old B12. Until then they'll play nice and support you guys for a while longer.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A number of years ago (Seimone Augustus was still in college) Seattle hosted a Regional Final. LSU and Georgia were both there, joining Texas and I think Purdue. The two SEC schools' fans and bands really pulled for each other in the semis, since they weren't playing each other. I was impressed by the conference camaraderie.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Did Brenda Frese just step out of a sauna?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
So far I am not sure what to think... anyone have thoughts yet?

Plebe

Reaction Score
South Carolina out to the early lead. Lots of new/unfamiliar faces for both teams.

Spann and Jennings may not be *quite* as good as Davis and Gray, but they are still pretty good.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At least in the beginning, SC looks good offensively. They are passing the ball well, shooting the three and rebounding well. They look alot like UConn offensively.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
SC is looking pretty good so far. MD not so much.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
With two minutes left in the first quarter it is starting to look like this could be a SC blowout.

Reaction Score
I've been impressed with Jennings so far, she's off to a strong start in this game. And South Carolina is hitting the 3 so far, which has been a weaker point in the past. Looking solid so far.

Maryland, on the other hand, is settling for jump shots, turning the ball over, and not rebounding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom