South Carolina as 2015 NC Contender | The Boneyard

South Carolina as 2015 NC Contender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the South Carolina women are undefeated on Feb. 10, how strong a 2015 national championship contender are they?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
D'oh. If USC beats UConn on UConn's home court, that's a pretty strong statement.....

doh-homer-simpson.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought UCONN plays South Carolina, not University of Southern California? ;)

If SC beats UCONN or keeps the loss to single digits, I'd say they are a legit contender. If UCONN beats them by 20 or more, add them to the very long list of teams UCONN would blow out in the NC game, much like last year and any NC game they've played against L'ville...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Of the games I've watched, they are the best of the rest. Not polished, not pretty, but with attitude, raw talent and an coach who can neatly turn a phrase on national television.
My favorite post of the day! Well done, Gandalf!!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I thought UCONN plays South Carolina, not University of Southern California? ;)

If SC beats UCONN or keeps the loss to single digits, I'd say they are a legit contender. If UCONN beats them by 20 or more, add them to the very long list of teams UCONN would blow out in the NC game, much like last year and any NC game they've played against L'ville...
The University of South Carolina was founded nearly 50 years before California was even a state.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Of the games I've watched, they are the best of the rest. Not polished, not pretty, but with attitude, raw talent and an coach who can neatly turn a phrase on national television.

I like it, but for the life of me I can't get the part of it no matter how hard I try! :oops:

Reaction Score
The University of South Carolina was founded nearly 50 years before California was even a state.
WOW and for a school to come along that much later and make the acronym more relevant. Hmmmm....Good luck to SC on 2/9/15 ...

Reaction Score
As I was reading your post, I was thinking, "what ?!!" And then I got it. Really, really, really, funny.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is for real. they have good guard play and wilson is only getting better. they will be there at the end of the season. i think Tenn is improving also and they will be there to. In the End though We are the best team. if we play our game we win.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
First of all SC is not beating UConn anywhere and will be very lucky to stay within 20 pts. Second next season they will be a contender to every team but UConn. I don't think people realize how much better UConn is then everybody else. How many teams can be missing starters and win by 25+ pts against ranked teams? UConn has. Stanford was a early season fluke. Right now there isn't a team that can come within double digits of UConn and most not within 20+pts.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

For the life of me Cock, I cannot figure out where you are going with this. Did Southern Cal steal your team's moniker? Did the U try to get SC back? I do mean your U. Or did SC merely sleep on it's rights? I say, I say son, is the boy payin' attention at all, I say....takes afta his momma. U know as well as I do that "the media" fastened onto USC (the California one) long ago and there is no letting go of it or contesting it now. Blame it on them hippies in Hollyland!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
First of all SC is not beating UConn anywhere and will be very lucky to stay within 20 pts. Second next season they will be a contender to every team but UConn. I don't think people realize how much better UConn is then everybody else. How many teams can be missing starters and win by 25+ pts against ranked teams? UConn has. Stanford was a early season fluke. Right now there isn't a team that can come within double digits of UConn and most not within 20+pts.

Well, Coach Rompola disagrees Tony. She thinks the Spurs would give our Huskies a game.

Reaction Score
Of course USC is in the mix..... good chance to be there...... win or lise on 2/9.... they have good team...... having said that.... I think we will win

Reaction Score
South Carolina is for real. they have good guard play and wilson is only getting better. they will be there at the end of the season. i think Tenn is improving also and they will be there to. In the End though We are the best team. if we play our game we win.

I still think that if UConn plays its game it beats South Carolina by 15+ and Tennessee by 25+.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
For the life of me rooster, I cannot figure out where you are going with this. Did Southern Cal steal your team's moniker? Did the U try to get SC back? I do mean your U. Or did SC merely sleep on it's rights? I say, I say son, is the boy payin' attention at all, I say....takes afta his momma. U know as well as I do that "the media" fastened onto USC (the California one) long ago and there is no letting go of it or contesting it now. Blame it on them hippies in Hollyland!
Of course, I don't really care what the media has to say, lol.

Reaction Score
I like it, but for the life of me I can't get the part of it no matter how hard I try! :oops:

Just watch Coach S's lips when the camera pans to the bench. Get yourself a sheet of paper and a pencil and just make a tick mark every time you think, "did she just say that on national tv?" ;)

Reaction Score
If they were to get REALLY spanked at Storrs, I think it might have a profound effect on their attitude, don't you think????? If you were to get blown out as the number one team, wouldn't that suggest that maybe your resume isn't quite as good as you thought it was and there's a problem that would be hard to be rationalized off!!!!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If they were to get REALLY spanked at Storrs, I think it might have a profound effect on their attitude, don't you think????? If you were to get blown out as the number one team, wouldn't that suggest that maybe your resume isn't quite as good as you thought it was and there's a problem that would be hard to be rationalized off!!!!

Conversely, what if the number 2 team gets spanked at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom