South Carolina’s Dawn Staley, UConn’s Geno Auriemma both Philly-made, reaching to conquer March Madness | The Boneyard

South Carolina’s Dawn Staley, UConn’s Geno Auriemma both Philly-made, reaching to conquer March Madness

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By DOM AMORE - HARTFORD COURANT April 2, 2022

The ultimate games, when championships are decided, are not always chess, or even checkers. They can just as often be collisions of will. And if this is how the UConn women’s challenge for a 12th national championship plays out against South Carolina in NCAA final Sunday night, it could take quadruple overtime to separate the wills of Geno Auriemma and Dawn Staley. Both have won championships, neither has lost a championship game, and they share Philadelphia basketball roots — and that straight-shooting, uncompromising attitude that goes with them.

Reaction Score
I miss Philly, how can you not have great coaches and players exposed to The Palestra "Cathedral of College Basketball". Its also kinda nice to be in CT with Harry A. Gampel Pavilion "The College Basketball Capital of the World"

Reaction Score
I miss Philly, how can you not have great coaches and players exposed to The Palestra "Cathedral of College Basketball". Its also kinda nice to be in CT with Harry A. Gampel Pavilion "The College Basketball Capital of the World"
Ah, The Palestra......................my home in 1967.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom