Sources: Proposed date for Game 7 of NBA Finals is Oct. 12 | The Boneyard

Sources: Proposed date for Game 7 of NBA Finals is Oct. 12

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
NBA just approved a 22 team restart to the season (full details still coming out) but this was the news yesterday: Sources: Proposed NBA Finals end date Oct. 12

The important nugget in here is that the draft won't take place until after the season ends, meaning some time in October / November when the new college season is already scheduled to be underway (TBD if that happens on time).

It will be interesting to see if the NCAA will make any exceptions for non-graduates who might want to return, now that the draft date appears to be moved so far back...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Don't make this political. There are obviously tons of reasons training camps haven't started.

Agreed. I didn't post this to argue whether the restart timeline is right or wrong, just to share the implications the current plan may have on student athletes who have declared for the draft that was supposed to be taking place next month, not 5 months from now.

Reaction Score
How could the declared players return to college when the next season will start in December? Plus, many of those scholarships have already been replaced.
BTW, happy birthday @McLovin
1591204146229.png

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What would that do to the start of the following season and free agency period?

Reaction Score
What would that do to the start of the following season and free agency period?
Next year's season is likely to start on or around Christmas. The NBA has been thinking of doing that for a while so as to compete less with football.

Very excited for the return of the league. Huge NBA fan and, like many of us, I have really been missing sports of late.

Reaction Score
This is strange. I expect a lot of injuries next season.

Reaction Score
Next year's season is likely to start on or around Christmas. The NBA has been thinking of doing that for a while so as to compete less with football.

Very excited for the return of the league. Huge NBA fan and, like many of us, I have really been missing sports of late.
But NBA playoffs will be directly competing with NFL and college football. Not saying there’s a better way to reschedule but that’s gonna hurt ratings. Especially if it is small market teams in the finals.

Reaction Score
But NBA playoffs will be directly competing with NFL and college football. Not saying there’s a better way to reschedule but that’s gonna hurt ratings. Especially if it is small market teams in the finals.

If Lebron is in the finals ratings will be insane. If we are watching Nuggets / Bucks NBA is in trouble

Reaction Score
Don't make this political. There are obviously tons of reasons training camps haven't started.

I wasnt trying to make it political. Im just very anxious to get sports back the same way everyone is anxious to go out and do things. Since March everything has been delay, delay, cancel, cancel. I was hoping the NBA was gonna resume in June, I get they had to put in safety measures in place and they have to listen to the health experts and all of that.

I just find it a little strange for the NBA to have the finals in October, then having a very short offseason but we all have to learn to adapt to change, it is what if is. Sports is trivial right now but I feel sports brings people together.

Reaction Score

Maybe make the following season 66 games like the 2011-12 lockout season, then the NBA is back to normal with a regular offseason,and you can go back to 82 games, you have the olympics that offseason anyways.

Reaction Score
Looks like hoops will be our national pastime this year since baseball looks pretty much dead.

Reaction Score
Strange the NBA is running into football season- I’m assuming this means they will push football up to mid October -too many conflicts in September with NBA playoffs and NFL starting- doubt NBA would want to compete with NFL for ratings in September/october

Reaction Score
When does the next season start in this case?
It's in the article I posted.

The league also offered dates beyond the July 31-Oct. 12 season window, with the draft lottery set on Aug. 25, the NBA draft on Oct. 15 and the 2020-21 season likely beginning Dec. 1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NCAA announced Thursday that its deadline for players to withdraw from the NBA draft and maintain college eligibility will be either Aug. 3 or 10 days after the NBA draft combine, whichever comes first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom