Source: Tip by mother’s ex led to NCAA investigation | The Boneyard

Source: Tip by mother’s ex led to NCAA investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
More on this situation from Kevin Duffy of the CT Post. If I were JC I would be livid. Can anyone just call into the NCAA with allegations and that can keep a kid from playing? Absolutely ridiculous. I'd punch this guy if I knew who he was.

http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Source-Tip-by-mother-s-ex-sparked-NCAA-review-of-2545664.php

The man who provided the information had a court case against Tanesha Boatright, a source said, and is "doing whatever he can to get back at her. It has little to do with Ryan.

"He doesn't even know the rules and regulations of the NCAA and recruitment," the source said. "He was just throwing everything out there."

Reaction Score
It's ridiculous, but in a way, I'm hoping this is true because it probably means it's only smoke and no fire.

Reaction Score
That's absurd. The NCAA is such a crock of it's ridiculous. I hope boatright comes back with a chip on his shoulder and fires this team up

As OP said it's reassuring to know that it's likely just groundless allegations that are holding him out at this point

FREE THE BOATSHOW!

Reaction Score
NCAA will stil take a week to ten days to review the "facts" as per before so not sure how long Boat has to stay in the dock. Ridiculous that this is even given any credence by the joke NCAA.

Reaction Score
im just gonna start calling in "tips" about the best players on every team.

lets see how many are "investigated"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dear NCAA Gendarmes,

I have been giving each Plumlee brother a goat on their birthday for the past thirteen years. I have receipts from Goats n' Stuff.

Although I have not dated Mrs. Plumlee, I am willing to if that helps moves things along. Please launch an investigation.

Hugs and kisses,

A Tipster.

Reaction Score
Dear NCAA Gendarmes,

I have been giving each Plumlee brother a goat on their birthday for the past thirteen years. I have receipts from Goats n' Stuff.

Although I have not dated Mrs. Plumlee, I am willing to if that helps moves things along. Please launch an investigation.

Hugs and kisses,

A Tipster.

Send it. And please tell us how it goes.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Dear NCAA Gendarmes,

Hugs and kisses,

A Tipster.
I once bought them Gatorade after a high school game and they signed my ticket stub. I guess you could say they profited from their athletic ability...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Dear NCAA:

I provided no-show jobs for every Memphis player during the last decade. They were paid approximately $40,000 each summer, but less after Coach Cal left. Please look into this.

Dwight Yokel
FedEx customer relations/Booster fund.

Reaction Score
Really?

So this lovely individual was the source of the first tip.......did he JUST REMEMBER additional information that the NCAA is now acting on? I just don't get it...you clear a kid, then put him right back on the bench with information from the same guy? Gee how about asking the first time, "Sir Scumbag, are you sure this is all the information you can provide us?" Are they so obtuse as to NOT see this clown has a vendetta against the mom?

I really don't get how this happens....

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Are they so obtuse as to NOT see this clown has a vendetta against the mom?

I really don't get how this happens....

Sometimes a post answers itself.

Reaction Score
I hear that a lot of schools backed off Boatright because of his mother's suspect dating history.

Hellava rumor, well I would think Calhoun is safe, and he picked the right school.

btw: you are not the former boyfriend are you? :eek:

Reaction Score
Although it's sad that Ryan is in the middle of a personal vendetta, IF there indeed was a violation, it shouldn't be relevant to the NCAA, or us, as to why and how it got reported. Even if the messenger is a scumbag, it doesn't matter. If Ryan had other potential violations, he should have emptied his closet the first time.

Reaction Score
When do the NCAA member schools start demanding a professional level of player investigation, with inclusion of due process, or wait until some school that gets really burned starts the obvious litigation.

Reaction Score
The inability of individuals to recognize a joke on this board astounds me sometimes.

Being sarcastic and/or facetious is a bad idea on a message board, because it's way too easy to miss it and read text literally.

that having been said, yes, in this case it was amazing that anyone saw that as other than a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom