Sound Familiar? | The Boneyard

Sound Familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Over on a Notre Dame board last month they discussed the possibility of getting Diaco back as the DC after he is fired from UConn. There was only one meaningful response but it was telling.

" I agree I don't think he'll get fired but, even if he does, I think we can do better. Diaco had one great year as DC mixed in with a few above average years. Sure, I'd take above average compared to what we have now but why settle for that? Remember, Diaco had some serious flaws. He wasn't a good recruiter. Defensive players who were recruited had to meet a specific physical profile no matter how good they were overall. And he wasn't very good at making in-game adjustments when his bend-but-don't-break defenses started to break. There should be better DC candidates out there who are more flexible and better recruiters."

Reaction Score
Seemed to bring all that with him except the above average years. :rolleyes:

rkgs and get guys who can make plays with the ball in their hands.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
" Defensive players who were recruited had to meet a specific physical profile no matter how good they were overall. "

Damming...both ways.

-Smaller guys who were excellent players? Doesn't matter, they're too small.
-Bad players who are big? Who cares if they can't get to the QB or cover, LOOK HOW BIG THEY ARE!!!!!!!1111

Reaction Score
Damming...both ways.

-Smaller guys who were excellent players? Doesn't matter, they're too small.
-Bad players who are big? Who cares if they can't get to the QB or cover, LOOK HOW BIG THEY ARE!!!!!!!1111
Really sounds like Ps prototype vs exceptions BS doesn't it?

Reaction Score
They look imposing getting off the team bus. Less so getting back on after the game.

They're not even that big. The teams were bigger under Edsall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom