OT: SOS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: SOS

Reaction Score
This is easy.

When it came to reception menu and stuff I had two requirements- Grooms cake is red velvet with a golf theme and scallops wrapped in bacon were going to be on menu. Everything else was up to bride.

I'm assuming you bring a flask with you and as soon as you provide inputs you start drinking. That has an incredible way of helping a bride with her decisiveness.
If your venue is any good they get you liquored up while going through this. Shout out to Anthony's Ocean View in New Haven, CT!

Reaction Score
Sounds like it won't fly with the future Mrs. but a buddy did a pyramid of Hostess creme-filled cupcakes on one table and a pyramid of Twinkies on the other. The best received cake(s) I have ever seen at a wedding.

Not to be out done, though, he did have a pyramid of White Castle cheeseburgers during the cocktail hour.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
in hour three of wedding cake consultation and deep talks on favors boxes. Help me out boys
Second time around you end up taking shortcuts with this stuff...

Reaction Score
If your venue is any good they get you liquored up while going through this. Shout out to Anthony's Ocean View in New Haven, CT!
A buddy of mine got married there. He literally doesn't remember any of his wedding he was so wasted. Puking out the window of his car to the airport by the end.

Reaction Score
My sincere advice would be to pick one thing random to have an opinion about. I don't think it matters what, but as long as you choose something, it shows her you care and will save you a lot of back and forth when really all you want to say "sure" or "whatever you want"

Reaction Score
My son is getting married this spring. When he got engaged I have him advice as if he was going into war. "Don't volunteer for anything and be very careful what you say. Every decision carries with it great and potentially grave consequences."

My wife called me an idiot, but I think I gave him great advice.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine got married there. He literally doesn't remember any of his wedding he was so wasted. Puking out the window of his car to the airport by the end.

That may be the favorite wedding I’ve ever been to just because the groom was a trainwreck. The groom was pretty much grinding my date on the dance floor and the bride’s mother was absolutely irate. The bartender ended up cutting off the groom at some point and he poured his drink in the tip jar and I’m pretty sure no one could find him at the end of the night because he passed out in the women’s bathroom.

The best part was a few years later he told me the biggest regret in life was his behavior that night. I told him I had a blast!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My wife was not a bridezilla and of she had it her way we would have eloped. However, her parents, and slightly me, wanted a wedding so we were laid back about it. I requested Bacon Wrapped Scallops and she requested a brownie cake instead of a wedding cake. We had a dessert table and the brownies were flipping unreal. We were eating desert on our way from our hotel to the airport early the next morning

Reaction Score
I remember mine, but half of my groomsmen dont. One passed out during the ceremony which was pretty cool. We were late to the venue as we made the limo driver stop at the liquor store in Vernon to grab a handle of Captain Morgan on the way to New Haven. All this was immediately after doing shots of Disaronno off the top of the limo in the rain.

Reaction Score
That may be the favorite wedding I’ve ever been to just because the groom was a trainwreck. The groom was pretty much grinding my date on the dance floor and the bride’s mother was absolutely irate. The bartender ended up cutting off the groom at some point and he poured his drink in the tip jar and I’m pretty sure no one could find him at the end of the night because he passed out in the women’s bathroom.

The best part was a few years later he told me the biggest regret in life was his behavior that night. I told him I had a blast!
It was a fantastic wedding. You could see there was no recognition behind P’s glassed over eyes, lol. Poor guy, his wife will forever be able to lord that over him. Would’ve been awesome if we had gotten pizza at one of the sacreds nearby after. We were supposed to join him at the hotel bar later on too. After party at my parents was better anyway.

Reaction Score
My son is getting married this spring. When he got engaged I have him advice as if he was going into war. "Don't volunteer for anything and be very careful what you say. Every decision carries with it great and potentially grave consequences."

My wife called me an idiot, but I think I gave him great advice.
That’s advice for boot camp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom