sorta OT. | The Boneyard

sorta OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure why any FCS school would consider the move anymore without a P5 conf invitation in hand. What's the incentive? To lose more money and never be able to compete for a National Championship?

Reaction Score
Question: The article stated increasing football stadium capacity to 20,000 to meet BCS (read FBS) requirements. Isn't FBS stadium capacity requirement 30,000?

Reaction Score
Not sure why any FCS school would consider the move anymore without a P5 conf invitation in hand. What's the incentive? To lose more money and never be able to compete for a National Championship?
I agree. Only thing I could think of, is that there is behind the scenes talk of an FBS school break away. That AD came from Oregon, It does seem like a losing proposition at the moment. I was just surprised we didn't hear about this. I don't like another FBS school in our backyard to recruit against while we are in a G5 conference.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Question: The article stated increasing football stadium capacity to 20,000 to meet BCS (read FBS) requirements. Isn't FBS stadium capacity requirement 30,000?
Tulane's new stadium only seats 22k. I think the 15k rolling attendance figure is still not enforced.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This just sounds like a massive lose-lose situation for Stony Book. Why move up to FCS without a conference invite. Even if it were just a "group of 5" conference. You're in an already crowded region (Northeast) for big time football programs that are all battling for the same kids and same eyes from a TV perspective. That's almost as big as who would fill the stadium.

Reaction Score
This just sounds like a massive lose-lose situation for Stony Book. Why move up to FCS without a conference invite. Even if it were just a "group of 5" conference. You're in an already crowded region (Northeast) for big time football programs that are all battling for the same kids and same eyes from a TV perspective. That's almost as big as who would fill the stadium.

College football might be the least popular sport on Long Island. Look what's happening at UMass. Why would anyone do this? It's unfathomable.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The only way it might work is if you had a regional football conference in the northeast that pretty much operated like an FCS conference but without the scholarship limit, sort of like a MAC east, but such a beast doesn't exist. The list of schools that fit that profile begin and end with Stony Brook and UMass. The only other thought I had is that the economics are even worse for a high end FCS football team than they are for a low end FBS team. On the surface it seems completely crazy.

Are more CAA/America East teams looking to move up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom