Sort of OT: Mike Melio and UConn Football | The Boneyard

Sort of OT: Mike Melio and UConn Football

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Guy used to be at every game and post pics of it on twitter, constantly hyping up the team. There’s no evidence he’s been to a game yet this year. I wonder if RE alienated him? He was a big Diaco and Ollie guy, so maybe he’s upset with the athletic dept. in any case, good programs do what they can to keep guys like that around

Reaction Score
Thinking it was higher than Randy... go back in his timeline. Pretty sure he was a basketball first guy.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It’s a dilly of a pickle - could sure use the cash but the company he keeps is disgusting.

I agree that the whole Tony Robins thing is strange, but being that rich tends to attract strange company regardless. T Boone Pickens isn’t hanging out with a bunch of angels, I’m sure. My opinion is that when you’re strapped financially, you keep the big donors on board. We don’t have enough of them to lose them.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Thinking it was higher than Randy... go back in his timeline. Pretty sure he was a basketball first guy.

Yup, definitely a huge KO guy. My guess is that losing KO was the nail in the coffin for him. We obviously needed to fire KO, but we should do what we can to retain the fan hood of a donor like Mike.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree that the whole Tony Robins thing is strange, but being that rich tends to attract strange company regardless. T Boone Pickens isn’t hanging out with a bunch of angels, I’m sure. My opinion is that when you’re strapped financially, you keep the big donors on board. We don’t have enough of them to lose them.

I didn’t say don’t take the guy’s money - just understand he’s into multiple scams.

Reaction Score
Skinner is a bigger whale than Melio and was also an Ollie guy, but he got on board quickly from what I understand. This is more about Melio than the AD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom