Sool in the PCL Championship | The Boneyard

Sool in the PCL Championship

Reaction Score
Archbishop Wood and 'Sool won the PCL title. Sool's stats were...

11 PTS
2 REB (1 offensive)
9 AST (6 potential / 1 foul)

4 TO
2 STL
3 BLK

4/5 2FG
1/6 3FG
0/0 FT
  • He’s definitely playing harder today… most important game of the year.
  • Intense, physical, high level HS teams here. GREAT game.
  • Sool picks apart a zone pretty easily. If we can get a shooter or two more for next year (and his other years here), I think teams will stop zoning us so much.
  • Seems to recognize his shot was off and looked to distribute even more than usual… smart.
  • His team was up 10 mid second half… he turned it over 2x in a row carelessly and let it cut down to 5. Not a good look.
  • Despite being a pretty bad PnR and positional defender, he does have good instincts for blocks and steals… that should be a benefit when Hurley gets him to play UConn-level defense.
  • Gambles way more on defense than Hurley will allow.
  • Takes some really terrible 3s. His shooting is going to be an issue.
  • Up 5 or 6 with 4 minutes left, other team has momentum. On consecutive plays, he threw an alley and then got a block on the other end. Changed the game for AW.

I have 3 more games to watch and I can get some real stats on him for the season instead of the crap Weingarten posts.

Reaction Score
3/3 vs Carroll

25 PTS
3 REB (3 offensive)
7 AST (4 potential / 1 foul)

3 TO
2 STL
1 BLK

5/9 2FG
3/7 3FG
6/6 FT
  • He manufactures a HUGE amount of potential assists for his teams. I am curious how that will fly next year. Diggins/Jackson are both ball-dominant pass-first guys, and Cole has taken strides there too.
  • I think with a guy who can find shooters so easily, you really need to be willing to shoot or drive early in the shot clock next year.
  • We need to work on our secondary cutters on post feeds/Diggins drives. We don’t do it nearly enough, and he is REALLY good at finding cutters after a jump stop.
Simple drive and kick… this kind of play is going to let Hawkins feast.
Archbishop Carroll Boys Varsity Basketball vs Archbishop Wood

Long outlet

Lord knows what kind of drive this was… this kind of weak drive isn’t gonna cut it in the Big East. Definitely has some work to do.

Looks better in transition using the euro/two foot finishes around defenders. We need to run in 2021-2022.

Off the dribble 3

Dish for two

Catch n shoot 3

Dump off pass

Corner 3

Kid names Moses Hipps is one to keep an eye on. Freshman, but dropped 23 points this game.

Reaction Score
3/3 vs Carroll

25 PTS
3 REB (3 offensive)
7 AST (4 potential / 1 foul)

3 TO
2 STL
1 BLK

5/9 2FG
3/7 3FG
6/6 FT
  • He manufactures a HUGE amount of potential assists for his teams. I am curious how that will fly next year. Diggins/Jackson are both ball-dominant pass-first guys, and Cole has taken strides there too.
  • I think with a guy who can find shooters so easily, you really need to be willing to shoot or drive early in the shot clock next year.
  • We need to work on our secondary cutters on post feeds/Diggins drives. We don’t do it nearly enough, and he is REALLY good at finding cutters after a jump stop.
Simple drive and kick… this kind of play is going to let Hawkins feast.

Long outlet

Lord knows what kind of drive this was… this kind of weak drive isn’t gonna cut it in the Big East. Definitely has some work to do.

Looks better in transition using the euro/two foot finishes around defenders. We need to run in 2021-2022.

Off the dribble 3

Dish for two

Catch n shoot 3

Dump off pass

Corner 3

Kid names Moses Hipps is one to keep an eye on. Freshman, but dropped 23 points this game.

Thanks for doing these. Really great.

Reaction Score
His shooting is going to be an issue.
dang. so of hurley's 13 recruits so far only 2 (cole and hawkins) are good 3 pt shooters? and that might be generous as cole shot 38% from 3 this season. what gives?

aside from gaffney (35%) the other 10 recruits all shoot 33% or under or are big men

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The kids moxy, his intangibles are off the freaking chart. Reminds me of Bazz in a lot of ways. I envision a freshman Bazz type role for him next year. Lol at his high school achievements: Back to back PCL and Philadelphia city player of the year, 4 year starter, PCL champ, undefeated record.

Reaction Score
The kids moxy, his intangibles are off the freaking chart. Reminds me of Bazz in a lot of ways. I envision a freshman Bazz type role for him next year. Lol at his high school achievements: Back to back PCL and Philadelphia city player of the year, 4 year starter, PCL champ, undefeated record.
Agree with your points on Sool..He's going to provide us with a lot of great BB and entertainment over the next few years.

IMO.. He's also got the KEA vibe going on with his BB IQ -swagger-leadership skills-joy for the game while making his teammates look good by getting them the ball in their spots. His court vision is exceptional. Can see the Bazz similarities as well.

Hope he's committed to working with Coach Mike on adding some muscle and strength to add some explosion/verticality to his game.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
dang. so of hurley's 13 recruits so far only 2 (cole and hawkins) are good 3 pt shooters? and that might be generous as cole shot 38% from 3 this season. what gives?

aside from gaffney (35%) the other 10 recruits all shoot 33% or under or are big men
Bouk?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom