OT: Songs with great guitar riffs | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with great guitar riffs

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It didn't happen in the driving dust in front of that abandoned church, though the tableau is part of it's charm, but I like it for what I'd call its gentle heart:

And, oh yeah, 1 billions 210 million say I'm right.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It didn't happen in the driving dust in front of that abandoned church, though the tableau is part of it's charm, but I like it for what I'd call its gentle heart:

And, oh yeah, 1 billions 210 million say I'm right.

Ummmm, where's the rif???

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
No, that would be a solo. See Popabear and Ted above for a riff. :cool:
After 208 posts I would like to try and explain something about this thread. My primary focus for this thread was for BYers to post any song that they would immediately recognize based upon a guitar "riff". My initial post used an example where the guitar "riff" was at the very beginning of the song and is what I was looking for but alas, I didn't specifically say that.
And seeing that I am not a musician or a music major, I was not using "riff" in a definite musical sense and could care less if people posted a riff vs. a solo vs. whatever. Even though I knew that some experts on guitar playing or music in general would chime in on what BYers posted regarding if it was actually a riff, I am glad that so many have just posted some very good guitar songs, some songs multiple times.
I appreciate that I was able to post this thread and so many BYers posted on this thread.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
First song, first album from someone who would change music:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Q: How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 21: One to change the light bulb and 20 to watch and say, "Man, I could do that!"

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Or page 9 for this riff of all riffs

I thought of this one, but figured it had been posted.

The thing that makes this SO good is that it was the first use of distortion. And the distortion wasn't electronic, Dave cut his speaker with a pen knife to make it buzz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom