OT: Songs with great guitar riffs | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with great guitar riffs

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Heck of a shame. But how the hell did he get that far? When we went traffic gridlocked Interstate 17. We had to bail out of our car 2 miles from the stage. I lost my friends by electing to go back to the car 15 mins after the driver went back. Didn't see hide nor hair of any of the three of them until I got back to Brooklyn.

I'm not sure how far they got. I don't remember her ever talking about any of the acts. I guess it's about time I asked. They actually came out of the crash fine, but the Camaro was totaled. He was a race-car driver, so that says something about the driving conditions.

Reaction Score
Cool! I'd never heard of them.
they've been around since the mid 80's and are originally from good ole CT. though they are still around, they were much better during the late 80's - mid 90's. don't really listen to them anymore.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how far they got. I don't remember her ever talking about any of the acts. I guess it's about time I asked. They actually came out of the crash fine, but the Camaro was totaled. He was a race-car driver, so that says something about the driving conditions.
She probably never spoke about the acts because the entire experience wasn't the worlds greatest and/or after the accident there really wasn't much to talk about. The only people who made out well were the album and movie producers. Not the residents (poor put upon people with filthy kids sleeping on their lawns and back yards), not the performers (lousy conditions for them as well and most didn't get paid), not the viewers (sitting in mounds of mud, heat, rain, filth, and body odor), not the state police, not nobody.

Reaction Score
When I posted this thread, this "rif" is exactly what I intended...guitar work that immediately identified the song. And BTW, this is the first "rif" that I posted in the thread :)
Yes, I saw that when I went back to the first page, but that was so long ago....;):oops:

Reaction Score
Tom Scholz don't get the recognition he deserves as a guitarist. He wasn't even listed in the top 100 guitarist for Rolling Stones and other lists omit him as well.

I think that may have been because he was using some pretty sophisticated (for its time) technology on those records, that "special effects" guitar for example. The critics may have felt he wasn't a player as opposed to a technician manipulating sound. JMO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's a pretty good rif, and relatively new. Another Canadian band. Seems all the cool new stuff is out of Canada.

Retribution Blues - One Bad Son

Reaction Score
There’s a great riff by Eric Clapton in his live version of Dylan’s Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright. It’s on the Dylan 30 year anniversary tribute album put out quite a few years ago.

Reaction Score
I actually did go down to the music site on Saturday and walked down to the stage. I debated whether to page my lost friends, but it immediately began to pour (again), and I ran back up to the concessions. What people don't tell you, since Woodstock has been so romanticized, is that there was no shade at the music site. The weather that weekend varied between very hot or drenching rain. It often rained when the sun was blazing. Since people had tramped away the grass the dirt was usually a perpetual mud. That smelled. There were no places to bathe, the Porto-San's were frightening and an hallucinatory experience in itself, and few if any brought a change of clothes, nontheless a toothbrush or a change of underwear. "Three Days Of Music, Peace And Love" was actually more like "Three Days Of Stink, Privation, and Starvation, with some great music you could barely see". Watch the movie, listen to the record and reminisce. Either beats the reality.
Sounds like Watkins Glen. ;^)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sounds like Watkins Glen. ;^)
I never got to the racetrack concert. The next year I did however get to the go to the Randall's Island fiasco. That one made Woodstock look like a pizza party.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Not Canadian, British. You you know this one. Not sure how we missed this one. Going back a ways.

Day Tripper - The Beatles

Check out post #31 of this thread...

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Ah, man, I missed that. And I went back through this thread.

Oh well, my video was better anyway. :cool:
I guess so seeing that the video I posted is no longer available in this country. :mad: (Or if you are a fan of Shindig!. :))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom