OT: Songs with great guitar riffs | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with great guitar riffs

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
How about a harmonica riff? At the beginning and at the 1:22 mark. On the harmonica is Paul Oscher when he was a pup.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
What the hey! One more for fun. A kettle drum riff. :D:p Yeah, way to much wine!

I once used the overture for Also sprach Zarathustra in a manner Richard Strauss could never anticipate. Our neighbors left for a weekend marriage retreat. An hour later their two teenagers had the house rocking with about 40 other teenagers. They were playing acid rock at 140+ decibels, not a favorite of mine. I called and ask the boy, Marvin, to turn it down a bit but not so much to ruin their party. He did. But of course someone cranked it up. I had really long wires on my stereo speakers. I mounted my speakers on a deep set window sill and aimed them at their house. Don't ask why but I had an entire 8-track tape of this overture over and over and over. I dropped treble to 0 and upped bass to 10. Play it on 10 for about 5 minutes. Shut it off. I could barely hear the acid rock. Message delivered - my stereo has more watts than yours. The next day Marvin claims his windows were vibrating. Never had to do it again for any neighbor. As usual caught hell from Mrs, SVC.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How about a harmonica riff? At the beginning and at the 1:22 mark. On the harmonica is Paul Oscher when he was a pup.
Just a head up (and I know it won't matter cause people are gonna post whatever they want) but "riffs" and "solos" are different things.

Anyway, back to the post. If you need a guitar riff for Mojo, these guys do a pretty nice one at the beginning.

Got My Mojo Working/Folsom Prison Blues - Needtobreathe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom