OT: - Songs That Make You Yearn about Someone, Something, or Somewhere | The Boneyard

OT: Songs That Make You Yearn about Someone, Something, or Somewhere

Reaction Score
Post some songs that make you feel this way - maybe it's something you have personally experienced, or would like to.

I'll start - Key Largo- would love to go there someday. Throw in some nostalgia from 1940's films, and I'm sold.

Michael Franks: "Just Like Key Largo"

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
When I was a kid, many, many years ago, there were only eight teams in each league, and I had a Baseball Card for virtually every player. We bought the Sporting News weekly, to see who had been brought up, who was sent back to the minors, and who was injured. We didn't need to know about the players personal lives. A simpler time.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
In Grammar school, there was only one male teacher. At school dances, he would only dance to one song. So of course, we played it over and over.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Post some songs that make you feel this way - maybe it's something you have personally experienced, or would like to.

I'll start - Key Largo- would love to go there someday. Throw in some nostalgia from 1940's films, and I'm sold.

Michael Franks: "Just Like Key Largo"
Then this song should really whet you appetite

Reaction Score
Our family sang this on a video for my in-laws anniversary before their cruise:

Reaction Score
I've been engaged twice but never married! Their loss!
And had a long distance romance with a girl I've known for 35 years and she called it off because we "never had a personal relationship!"
So any romantic songs sad or happy really strikes home!
Some of my real favorites are:
Kelly Clarkson THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE IS
youtube kelly clarkson the problem with love is - Yahoo Video Search Results

Eric Clapton WONDERFUL TONIGHT

Aerosmith I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING

Bryan Adams EVERYTHING I DO I DO IT FOR YOU

Frank Sinatra SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME

Sugarland STAY

Lady Antebellum NEED YOU NOW

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
About 25 years ago, my wife and I did what we called “the folk song tour” of Ireland. I had a friend in Dublin, but beyond that knew nothing about the country, so we picked a bunch of places from songs or tunes. We visited Carlow (this song), Cork (mentioned in “When I was on horseback”) the West Coast of Clare, the Road to Lisdoonvarna, and the town where Torlough O’Carolan died, where there’s a monument to him. I really wanted to go to Carrickfergus, but we didn’t make it to the North.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom