Songs about UConn

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
I sincerely apologize in advance for this sorry rendition of our fight song, but what can you expect from some loser Syracuse fans that lost a bet on last year's NC game? I particularly enjoyed the dude who is wearing a short sleeved t over a long sleeved t, seemingly attempting to be impervious to the obvious sub zero outdoor conditions prevalent in the home of the self-proclaimed "Harvard of Central New York". They're very sad and depressing.

Last edited:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
I had never seen this one before.

Two thoughts about this delightful remembrance video:

1) With all the thousands of hours available, how does one make the decision of what to include and what to omit and keep one's sanity?

2) For all the brilliance our women show on the court and in the classroom, I wonder if any of them took geography classes. For crying out loud - Connecticut is in New England! What's with the New York Yankee hats around the two minute mark? Should have been Red Sox caps for my money! :rolleyes:

cabbie191

I sincerely apologize in advance for this sorry rendition of our fight song, but what can you expect from some loser Syracuse fans that lost a bet on last year's NC game? I particularly enjoyed the dude who is wearing a short sleeved t over a long sleeved t, seemingly attempting to be impervious to the obvious sub zero outdoor conditions prevalent in the home of the self-proclaimed "Harvard of Central New York". They're very sad and depressing.

You're right - a sorry rendition indeed. But kudos to them for being willing to make the bet in the first place, and kudos for their willingness to follow through. And with good nature, too. That's what I wish more of college sports was about.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Two thoughts about this delightful remembrance video:

1) With all the thousands of hours available, how does one make the decision of what to include and what to omit and keep one's sanity?

2) For all the brilliance our women show on the court and in the classroom, I wonder if any of them took geography classes. For crying out loud - Connecticut is in New England! What's with the New York Yankee hats around the two minute mark? Should have been Red Sox caps for my money! :rolleyes:

There are just as many Yankees fans as Red Sox fans in the Nutmeg State. Geography has very little to do with it in a state split right down the middle between the two cities.

We were inadvertently staying at the same hotel as the women's team in Ruston, LA prior to their game with LA Tech in 2001. We watched the NY Giants playoff game vs. the Eagles on TV in the hotel lounge with the team during the afternoon before they left for the arena. Most of them were pulling for the G-Men, especially Taurasi. The result was well received...a Giants' victory.

As an aside, Geno remarked in his post game PC that he wasn't anxious to return to Ruston again because there were no bars near the hotel. Ruston is a dry town. You have to drive several miles to Grambling to buy beer.

cabbie191

There are just as many Yankees fans as Red Sox fans in the Nutmeg State. Geography has very little to do with it in a state split right down the middle between the two cities.

We were inadvertently staying at the same hotel as the women's team in Ruston, LA prior to their game with LA Tech in 2001. We watched the NY Giants playoff game vs. the Eagles on TV in the hotel lounge with the team during the afternoon before they left for the arena. Most of them were pulling for the G-Men, especially Taurasi. The result was well received...a Giants' victory.

As an aside, Geno remarked in his post game PC that he wasn't anxious to return to Ruston again because there were no bars near the hotel. Ruston is a dry town. You have to drive several miles to Grambling to buy beer.
I know about the split, and to be honest about my hypocrisy, I was a Yankees fan until Steinbrenner purchased the team! And until the Patriots were formed, I was big time rooting for the football Giants.