Somewhere Roscoe is smiling | The Boneyard

Somewhere Roscoe is smiling

Reaction Score
Kid on Bucknell chucked up a 3/4 court shot yesterday vs. Navy that was short and landed out of bounds under the basket with 1.2 seconds left on the clock. He had plenty of time to take a few more dribbles or pass the ball and get at least a halfway decent shot off. Kid is a senior to boot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kid was more concerned about 'splaining to coach what happened than he was being impressed with his shot.

I like that kid. You have a lifetime to relive the shot. You have about 2 seconds to prove to coach you aren't insane.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I tried to find confirmation and can't but I'll tell the story anyway. In an NBA All star Tom Heinsohn grabbed a rebound and threw a baseball pass to streaking Bob Cousey. The pass over shot and went in the hoop. Heinsohn looked at the closest opposing player and said, 'You guys don't play much defense do you?"

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I tried to find confirmation and can't but I'll tell the story anyway. In an NBA All star Tom Heinsohn grabbed a rebound and threw a baseball pass to streaking Bob Cousey. The pass over shot and went in the hoop. Heinsohn looked at the closest opposing player and said, 'You guys don't play much defense do you?"
It’s gotta come down somewhere.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a story a friend of mime told me. He was coaching a grade school age AAU girls team and there was about 30 seconds left in gthe half and he stands up and tells his players to hold the ball for one shot. All of a sudden one of the girls takes about a 25 footer. He says to the girl - I said hold the ball for one shot, the girl says, but coach I only took one shot.

Plus the kid in the video traveled before he took the shot.

Reaction Score
The real problem here is how horrible those uniforms are. What is with the spiderweb on the shoulders?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I tried to find confirmation and can't but I'll tell the story anyway. In an NBA All star Tom Heinsohn grabbed a rebound and threw a baseball pass to streaking Bob Cousey. The pass over shot and went in the hoop. Heinsohn looked at the closest opposing player and said, "You guys don't play much defense do you?"
No confirmation needed. I'll be telling this story.

And, you've got the green light to say on the video here that the kid yelled to his coach, "Yeah, that's right, and I'm already back on defense."

From news reports later:

"After the game, Coach said, 'It's a play we run in practice, though for a different situation. I'll use the game film to hammer home the point that you can't shuffle your feet. We dodged a bullet on this one.' "

Reaction Score
It’s not the fact that Roscoe threw it up once, he did it twice!! Couldn’t believe it..

Reaction Score
Roscoe is laughing?
Roscoe's shot didn't go in. ;)
Yes it did! Just happened to be the cheerleaders horn thing that it went in, but it still went in!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom