somewhat radical idea | The Boneyard

somewhat radical idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No wonder what happens with Missouri, the Kansas schools are twisting in the wind - wanting to stay in the B12, but recognizing they have no clout and are forever beholden to Bevo. Go after them. They need stability and if you can get some of the other discussed schools (SMU, UH, AFA) as members, it makes their travel somewhat bearable. Certainly catches the eye of the BB schools.

If nothign else, go on the O an force another conference's hand - and stop being the perpetual picked on kid in the schoolyard. Who knows, maybe you keep the BE and the B12 but create a hybrid conference for FB only (there 9, our 6 and add a 16th).

There are worse ideas floating around.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No wonder what happens with Missouri, the Kansas schools are twisting in the wind - wanting to stay in the B12, but recognizing they have no clout and are forever beholden to Bevo. Go after them. They need stability and if you can get some of the other discussed schools (SMU, UH, AFA) as members, it makes their travel somewhat bearable. Certainly catches the eye of the BB schools.

If nothign else, go on the O an force another conference's hand - and stop being the perpetual picked on kid in the schoolyard. Who knows, maybe you keep the BE and the B12 but create a hybrid conference for FB only (there 9, our 6 and add a 16th).

There are worse ideas floating around.
Well my family is from Kansas and I was born there. Went to law school at KU. Hell, still licensed to practice law there.

Kansas had a great situation. Two of the three longest rivalries in football, with Nebraska and Mizzou. If Mizzou leaves, KU will be hate them even more and K State won't care. But either way, they'd rather be in a league with Oklahoma schools and TX schools than CT and NJ.

The Big XII should make an aggressive offer to LSU and Arkansas. Push the SEC east of the Mississippi.

Reaction Score
I'm not from there, I did not go to school there, but I simply refuse to believe the B12 is viable long-term - it's like having the Indians and Pakistanis at the table together - they hate each other, don't trsut each other, and simply can't find away to get along. Kansas my friend is simply like Kashmir to Bevo and Oil U. You might care what they are doing/thinking, but they could give a trat's about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon
Top Bottom