Somewhat OT: Western CT State's Octavius McCoy/Stratford High | The Boneyard

Somewhat OT: Western CT State's Octavius McCoy/Stratford High

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Broke NCAA rushing record today with 453 yards on 43 carries and 5 TDs. He had 373 yards on 42 carries and 5 TDs two weeks ago and 227 and 5 TDs last week.He's a former DI recruit who went the Juco route. I've seen him play a few times and he is NASTY. He can find holes like few others and once he hits the hole, he is gone. Where was PP's staff and the CT State Coaches when this guy was looking for a home? He's being scouted by the NFL and has a real shot. It would be a real feel good story if this guy makes it. I read that after he plays he works the night shift to pay for school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For the love of God what someone does statistically at Western Connecticut does not matter.

Imagine if him and Nebrich were playing for Bloomfield. The Numbers!

Reaction Score
Broke NCAA rushing record today with 453 yards on 43 carries and 5 TDs. He had 373 yards on 42 carries and 5 TDs two weeks ago and 227 and 5 TDs last week.He's a former DI recruit who went the Juco route. I've seen him play a few times and he is NASTY. He can find holes like few others and once he hits the hole, he is gone. Where was PP's staff and the CT State Coaches when this guy was looking for a home? He's being scouted by the NFL and has a real shot. It would be a real feel good story if this guy makes it. I read that after he plays he works the night shift to pay for school.

Sure sounds like it may have been an academic/transfer eligibility issue?

http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Kevin-Duffy-Now-at-WestConn-Mack-McKoy-4886019.php

Reaction Score
Someone should see him before they knock him (previous poster....). I believe the academic issues were before JUCO. Clearly, you don't win many games recruiting altar boys.

?Alter Boys?... Some high quality athletes are just not cut out for D1 academic rigors/requirements. Doesn't mean they can't play @ a high level. I don't know the particulars here but the minimum transfer GPA for UConn is 2.7 - for WCSU it's 2.0.

Hope the kid gets his chance...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He's supposed to be on ESPN Sports Center now but I don't have ESPNN. Hopefully, it can be seen on a later edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom