Something in the air | The Boneyard

Something in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why would JC announce today with the ND news? Ollie named as new coach immediately? There is more to this story and I feel the news will be good.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i can feel it coming in the air 2night, oh lord

(lets see how far this goes)

Reaction Score
Is JC story official? I thought it was just a Kevin Nathan source.

Reaction Score
Well, I've heard from older folks, "once you hit, 50, never trust a fart". Maybe this is one of those moments.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Why would JC announce today with the ND news? Ollie named as new coach immediately? There is more to this story and I feel the news will be good.

UConn Nation could do with a little good news for a change! It's been a full year of a rollercoaster ride.

Reaction Score
A few pessimistic explanations for the OP, not necessarily mutually exclusive and in no particular order:
1.) Conversations were already under way about a transition to Ollie - and they decided today, given the bad news already in the air, was an opportune time to announce the add'l bad news, in order to minimize the impact...get it all on the table at once.
2.) Calhoun was hanging in their longer than he wanted, in the hopes that his continued presence would make UCONN more appealing to the ACC. When the catalyst that they were waiting for (an ND move) came and went without effect, JC threw in the cards and retired.
3.) The opposite of #2. Manual and Herbst are desperate, and asked Calhoun to retire now as a last ditch effort to appeal to the ACC. Perhaps they think ACC is passing them over because the BBall team is "scandalous", or for fear that the BBall program is a "one hit wonder"; and forcing the move now is a chance to correct these impressions sooner rather than later.

Is it getting dark in here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, UNC and Duke were at the forefront saying that UConn couldn't be invited because their hoops program is scandalous.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If this were the case I would expect any possible announcements would be delayed. Calhoun deserves his moments in the sun without being crowded out by any conference affiliation news.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If this were the case I would expect any possible announcements would be delayed. Calhoun deserves his moments in the sun without being crowded out by any conference affiliation news.

Wednesday ND, Thusday Calhoun, Friday UConn.

Reaction Score
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh lord.

phil-collins.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1