Something I haven't considered about the B12 move | The Boneyard

Something I haven't considered about the B12 move

Reaction Score
So UConn would likely be considered a "football affiliate" of the B12, kind of like Notre Dame with the ACC. But ND always seems like it's missing from ACC promotional material and discussion in general, so would this be our fate in the B12? I forgot that ND is an "ACC member" until now. Are they trying to hide us?

Reaction Score
I've been wondering about this myself. I don't think we would be considered or called a "football affiliate". The only thing I found about ND and the ACC was a video where the ACC Network called ND a "partial member". Of course, it would be mentioned on every TV broadcast of a UConn football game before we officially join.

Reaction Score
So UConn would likely be considered a "football affiliate" of the B12, kind of like Notre Dame with the ACC. But ND always seems like it's missing from ACC promotional material and discussion in general, so would this be our fate in the B12? I forgot that ND is an "ACC member" until now. Are they trying to hide us?

Whatever it is, if it happens at all will be vastly better than what we have now. For football we're basically marooned in a world of soup with nothing but a fork.

Reaction Score
What I’ve been thinking- not sure if anyone has mentioned this in any other posts, is that the Big 12 knows that within the next 3-5 years college football will be a 60 team minor league system. They badly want UConn basketball but not football. So dangling the football membership carrot to UConn would get us to commit to joining the B12. It could possibly give the B12 a reason to eliminate their commitment to UConn football joining once the entire college football landscape changes. They would have UConn basketball and wouldn’t have to worry about football. Or I could (and hopefully) be entirely wrong

Reaction Score
What I’ve been thinking- not sure if anyone has mentioned this in any other posts, is that the Big 12 knows that within the next 3-5 years college football will be a 60 team minor league system. They badly want UConn basketball but not football. So dangling the football membership carrot to UConn would get us to commit to joining the B12. It could possibly give the B12 a reason to eliminate their commitment to UConn football joining once the entire college football landscape changes. They would have UConn basketball and wouldn’t have to worry about football. Or I could (and hopefully) be entirely wrong
I would bet contracts get signed and it simply can't be " we changed our mind".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would bet contracts get signed and it simply can't be " we changed our mind".

Have you heard about Clemson and FSU and the ACC and the GOR???

Reaction Score
You don’t think lawyers on the UConn side are capable of reading a contract? You think UConn is stupid enough to move basketball without being certain that football will at the agreed time be in, so long as conditions within our control are satisfied?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don’t think lawyers on the UConn side are capable of reading a contract?
Robert Downey Jr Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
You don’t think lawyers on the UConn side are capable of reading a contract? You think UConn is stupid enough to move basketball without being certain that football will at the agreed time be in, so long as conditions within our control are satisfied?
I have always be opposed to that but at 20% of the Big contract as a BB only our revenue would easily more than double . UConn women's would also increase .
Adding UConn BB is like adding two programs that will increase conference revenue
and even for us the athletic department gets a kick up and even our football will increase in status
The Big 12 is not as lucrative by so a long term goal would be all sports.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I actually do think there is a possibility of that happening and they are going to have to be very careful here.

Past that I’m as wary about UConn actually being able to satisfy the conditions as I am about the Big12 playing a shell game. Might even be more wary of the former than the latter.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What would we do with Men’s Soccer? Beg to keep it in the big east? A10? CAA?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big East or Sun Belt (which is a very solid conference with Marshall (2020 national champ), WVU (2023 final four), Kentucky, South Carolina, and UCF competing in it)
SunBelt makes the most sense given UCF and WVU.

I am not worried about Football not getting in later. If anything, adding 4 games a year to our Indy schedule and recruiting as a future member will help us compete more quickly and if we do maybe we get in early. We went through that in the Big East.

Baseball would benefit tremendously. I don't see any real downside to making this move. We have to do it if the terms are even reasonable.

Reaction Score
There are a few sports that would need to find a home. Some folks here seem to forget that field hockey stayed in BE.

Reaction Score
There are a few sports that would need to find a home. Some folks here seem to forget that field hockey stayed in BE.
Field Hockey is (was) a national power. Men's Soccer is (was) as well. I don't think the Big East would rush to kick us out and I'm certain the Sun Belt would be happy to have us.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Women’s Hoop will benefit not playing the Washington Generals / CYO conference games. Huge upgrade for them in the B12.

Reaction Score
Big 12 has to take a chance on our football. In the meantime, it gets our second to none BB franchise. When BB gets monetized like FB for the greatest benefit to the schools/performers, UConn looms large for any conference that we're in.. BTW, our football was pretty good too until we got screwed (and screwed ourselves) in 2011.

Football languished in the S-bag AAC and despite Aresco's BS hype it was going nowhere. Now we may have a chance to bring it back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom