Someone Say Something About Kia's Poor Shooting? | The Boneyard

Someone Say Something About Kia's Poor Shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
24 points in the first half, including 3 or 4 3-pointers.

Just a matter of spring finally coming, and the Law of Averages taking hold.

Lou seems to be above that law so far this season, but I'm sure there is a 2-for-9 game in her horoscope that we will see soon. I hope we don't panic when it happens.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know Lou is shooting about as well right now as she did for her HS career and in her USA basketball stints - so maybe last year was her down period and she is now back to normal.

(We can always hope! :))

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
All I have to say is, Kia was on fire tonight. For now on, that's how Kia need to play, no thinking just having fun.

Reaction Score
I for one am glad she had a great game. It took her five subpar games to have a great game. Hopefully she is out of her funk and will be able to play like she did tonight all the time.

Reaction Score
Kia more than met the expectations tonight.
I hope this will continue.

Reaction Score
24 points in the first half, including 3 or 4 3-pointers.

Just a matter of spring finally coming, and the Law of Averages taking hold.

Lou seems to be above that law so far this season, but I'm sure there is a 2-for-9 game in her horoscope that we will see soon. I hope we don't panic when it happens.

Sure. But with that said- UCONN has a lot of players that are very good shooters. If they move the ball around and get open looks, chances are there will be nights like tonight so hopefully in a big game the 2-9 doesn't cost us. In the interim, these games sort of tell you - zone or collapsing on the post is an enormous risk for the other team. If you are a team in which you believe you are superior to this UCONN team, are you going to risk playing a zone knowing that they can do what they've done tonight and vs LSU? Each team we play that is very good or better - they are trying to win. We're making a statement that you are at a major risk if you try to play a zone and collapse in the paint.

If the play man-to-man hopefully we're getting enough on the inside. Lou was only 3-9 vs Fla State. One more missed three as you say, we could have lost.

Reaction Score
I for one am glad she had a great game. It took her five subpar games to have a great game. Hopefully she is out of her funk and will be able to play like she did tonight all the time.

When you speak of subapr games I assume you mean shooting the 3?

She did shoot the 3 well vs LSU. I understand 2 games out of 6 isn't so hot though.

Reaction Score
Last night reminded me of the Pan Am final where Kia dominated a US team with Moriah and Stewie. IF this team loses a game, it won't be one where Kia has that kind of a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom