Someone really ripping Uconn... | The Boneyard

Someone really ripping Uconn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Check out this guy @danwolken on twitter. All you can say about this guy...

u-mad___camron.jpg

Reaction Score
Death penalty for Nate Miles? FFS - he never stepped on the floor officially for the university!

Reaction Score
He works for the "The Daily" which is an iPad only news source from Rupert Murdoch. Newscorp employed; Clearly a man of integrity.

Reaction Score
Just came across it searching for stories on Drummond. Interesting dialogue between an uninformed, sanctimonious columnist and a clueless NCAA rep.

Reaction Score
I dunno - I'm blasting him for being a hypocrite when it comes to other schools. His def of a booster/agent would get almost every school in a BCS conference in trouble. I'm not sure why he's still dwelling on Nate Miles, when there have been, in the last few months, more egregious NCAA rules broken by big name schools (Tenn, Miami, USC, Oregon)

Reaction Score
I'm going at it pretty good with this clown right now lol

Reaction Score
Is the objection that because of their APR sanctions, UConn shouldn't have been recruiting because they were at their scholarship limit? Or is it because they are asking someone to give up their scholarship for another player?

If it is the former, then my point would be that Drummond was a 2012 recruit and seemingly only recently (between now and his WMA announcement) decided to re-reclassify.

If it is the latter - doesn't this happen on nearly every competitive campus each year? Coaches encourage players to "transfer" because they don't see as bright of a future as they may see in an incoming player or recruit. A recent example being that there was no outrage when JCMD transferred to Hofstra, despite earning himself respectable amounts of playing time on a National Championship team because he was not the right fit for the Huskies, yet because Drummond is a blue chip - there is outcry. The main difference I see is just the speed in which this has transpired - and while regretful, it's not unprecedented at all.

Reaction Score
Is the objection that because of their APR sanctions, UConn shouldn't have been recruiting because they were at their scholarship limit? Or is it because they are asking someone to give up their scholarship for another player?

If it is the former, then my point would be that Drummond was a 2012 recruit and seemingly only recently (between now and his WMA announcement) decided to re-reclassify.

If it is the latter - doesn't this happen on nearly every competitive campus each year? Coaches encourage players to "transfer" because they don't see as bright of a future as they may see in an incoming player or recruit. A recent example being that there was no outrage when JCMD transferred to Hofstra, despite earning himself respectable amounts of playing time on a National Championship team because he was not the right fit for the Huskies, yet because Drummond is a blue chip - there is outcry. The main difference I see is just the speed in which this has transpired - and while regretful, it's not unprecedented at all.

Good point.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He can keep hanging his hat on his Tigers vacated 2008 national runner up season while we sit on our 3 National Championships in the last 12 years :cool:

Reaction Score
Now we are posting every tool that even tweets about us - Great!!

Hey I have an idea why does'nt someone from this board tweet something good about UCONN and we can start a new thread about that?

Since when does every comment from every person on earth get posted? This is getting stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom