Someone Please Explain This | The Boneyard

Someone Please Explain This

Reaction Score
Little said UNC coach Roy Williams has insinuated to him that the Tar Heels won’t receive a significant punishment from the NCAA. He said that Williams has not told him of the specific punishment, but told him generally: “It’s not necessarily an athletic thing,” he said Williams told him. “It wasn’t just the basketball team involved in it. They’re not going to be penalized as people suggest.”

Little said he’s avoided looking at his phone to block out the “noise” surrounding the controversy.

Top recruits address college basketball scandal: 'It's unfortunate. It's crazy.'

Now whether that's true or not remains to be seen.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
To insinuate is to "suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way" or it is to "maneuver oneself into (a position of favor or office) by subtle manipulation." Take your pick Cryin' Roy still comes out on top.

Reaction Score
So, if he could have gone to UNC initially, yet was looking at Ville and Zona, am I only person who thinks he was negotiating $$$$ from those 2 schools?

C

Chief00

That’s what Chief has been saying -,too much money at stake to punish UNC in a real meaningful manner. The punishment will sound bad to the casual observer but there won’t be the enforcement steps to kill the program.

Reaction Score
Nassir Little #14 Says he didn't want to be involved with scandal that included Arizona and Louisville. So he committed to North Carolina. I made an appointment with a psychiatrist.
There appears to be signs that there was a bidding war by his AAU director between Miami and Arizona for his services. He opted to steer clear of that mess (assuming he is going to plead ignorance on what Augustine was doing). The -Am issue isn't on his radar.

Reaction Score
I know his AAU coach not super well but seems like a good guy. I don't know how he could advise him this is a good decision.

Reaction Score
That’s what Chief has been saying -,too much money at stake to punish UNC in a real meaningful manner. The punishment will sound bad to the casual observer but there won’t be the enforcement steps to kill the program.

"Similarly, illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egotism."
Illeism - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom