Somebody Send Roberta a UConn T! | The Boneyard

Somebody Send Roberta a UConn T!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nice family portrait on the court, but Roberta's T!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Roberta is wearing a Jose' USF tank top.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Who???

Okay, I'll treat this at face value. Roberta, a former player herself, is mom to Nika Muhl, UConn class of 2020. USF was recruiting Nika and in her final 4, until it became 5 with UConn's arrival.

"Nika Muhl stared at the email. Was this a prank? Or was this real?

The subject line read, "Greetings from UConn", and that was intriguing enough for Muhl, a 5-foot-10 point guard from the Croatian capital of Zagreb. But then she opened the correspondence, and it left Muhl and her parents stunned.

This was no joke.

Chris Dailey, Connecticut's associate head coach, wanted to know if Muhl would be interested in playing for the Huskies. And even though 4,170 miles and six time zones separate Zagreb from Storrs, Connecticut, Muhl knew all about coach Geno Auriemma's program and its 11 national championships.

"I was speechless," Muhl said of the email she received in January. "My mom [Roberta] cried. I cried, oh yeah, I cried. My dad [Darko] was speechless. We all just sat in silence in our living room for five minutes."

The timing of the email was a bit odd for Muhl because she had just figured out her four finalists for college and was about to post it on Twitter. But, once Muhl recovered from the shock, she realized she needed to set one more plate at the table.

Her "final four" became her final five, and she posted the news on Jan. 27: Louisville, Ohio State, Oregon, South Florida and ... UConn."

When UConn called, it was game on for Croatian recruit Nika Muhl

Hana put the pix on her Twitter page. Also known as Baby Muhl, a few months ago at least, Hana was recognized as a better shooter than Nika and as far as being pepper-pots they may be a tie. Gauranteed she is on a lot of radars and was MVP of her age group Adriatic League championship.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe she saw how many guards GA is recruiting and she is trying to change her kid's mind ;)

Don't feel too sorry for Jose', he got Nika's back court playmate

Who went off for 28 points against the Russians in Fiba U19s. And you can bet you patootie he's courting Hana Muhl. She attended the first BlueStar30 European camp last June.

Reaction Score
Okay, I'll treat this at face value. Roberta, a former player herself, is mom to Nika Muhl, UConn class of 2020. USF was recruiting Nika and in her final 4, until it became 5 with UConn's arrival.

The subject line read, "Greetings from UConn", and that was intriguing enough for Muhl, a 5-foot-10 point guard from the Croatian capital of Zagreb. But then she opened the correspondence, and it left Muhl and her parents stunned.

This was no joke.

Chris Dailey, Connecticut's associate head coach, wanted to know if Muhl would be interested in playing for the Huskies. And even though 4,170 miles and six time zones separate Zagreb from Storrs, Connecticut, Muhl knew all about coach Geno Auriemma's program and its 11 national championships.

"I was speechless," Muhl said of the email she received in January. "My mom [Roberta] cried. I cried, oh yeah, I cried. My dad [Darko] was speechless. We all just sat in silence in our living room for five minutes."

The timing of the email was a bit odd for Muhl because she had just figured out her four finalists for college and was about to post it on Twitter. But, once Muhl recovered from the shock, she realized she needed to set one more plate at the table.

Her "final four" became her final five, and she posted the news on Jan. 27: Louisville, Ohio State, Oregon, South Florida and ... UConn."

Hana put the pix on her Twitter page. Also known as Baby Muhl, a few months ago at least, Hana was recognized as a better shooter than Nika and as far as being pepper-pots they may be a tie. Gauranteed she is on a lot of radars and was MVP of her age group Adriatic League championship.

I'm betting a Patootie all rootie that Hana will be a banana unless she's a husky. If Sis is happy at Uconn why wouldn't she want baby sis next to her in the line up--Geno, if she is that good, will be making more than one recruiting trip to her home town. Bet on it. Thanks Rocky--anything on Muhl or Ania/Anna is appreciated--My nephew has spent the last 20 year in Poland and and Belerus and I spent so much time with people of that region (in HS) that I feel like a native.

Reaction Score
Somebody Send Roberta a UConn T!

Don't do it! Someone orange will file a recruiting violation complaint with the NCAA.
On her recruiting trip we;ll do the Pat thing: Give her a Uconn Uniform with her name on the back--yea yea yea no names on Uconn Uniforms--but the Roberta won't know.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Actually is it San Francisco and not south Florida shirt, doesn’t change the fact that she needs UConn gear.

Those of us out here on the west coast recognized that shirt immediately. We're very familiar with the University of San Francisco Dons program. And yes she does need some UConn gear for those "Kodak" moments. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Those of us out here on the west coast recognized that shirt immediately. We're very familiar with the University of San Francisco Dons program. And yes she does need some UConn gear for those "Kodak" moments. ;)

Nice try. About as credible as the U of St. Frederick of beloved but alas apocryphal memory. Known for being into self flagellation during the plague of 1423-29, thereafter he could never sink a foul shot. The scar tissue, don't you know. So everyone fouled his kids and they were also dreadful foul shooters. The fans burned him at the stake after his team failed to make the tournament for 6 years in a row. The fate of the team is unknown.

Reaction Score

This was no joke.

Thank you very much appreciated

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Nice try. About as credible as the U of St. Frederick of beloved but alas apocryphal memory. Known for being into self flagellation during the plague of 1423-29, thereafter he could never sink a foul shot. The scar tissue, don't you know. So everyone fouled his kids and they were also dreadful foul shooters. The fans burned him at the stake after his team failed to make the tournament for 6 years in a row. The fate of the team is unknown.
I think this might be the only actual footage of the aforementioned 15th century pandemic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom