Some unfortunate stats... | The Boneyard

Some unfortunate stats...

Reaction Score
From Borges:
  • More double-digit losses (five) this early in the season than any team since Jim Calhoun took over in 1986.
  • More losses of 15 points or more (four) than any team except that 1986-87 squad, which finished with eight such losses.
  • This year’s UConn team has already matched that ’86-87 team with the most losses of 20 points or more in a season, with three, and 25 points or more, with two.
  • 35-point loss to Arkansas a little over a month ago was the program’s worst in 40 years.

Reaction Score
From Borges:
  • More double-digit losses (five) this early in the season than any team since Jim Calhoun took over in 1986.
  • More losses of 15 points or more (four) than any team except that 1986-87 squad, which finished with eight such losses.
  • This year’s UConn team has already matched that ’86-87 team with the most losses of 20 points or more in a season, with three, and 25 points or more, with two.
  • 35-point loss to Arkansas a little over a month ago was the program’s worst in 40 years.
we are a bad team. we know that. good teams have good stats, bad teams have bad stats. It is not rocket science or complicated.

Reaction Score
we are a bad team. we know that. good teams have good stats, bad teams have bad stats. It is not rocket science or complicated.
Neither is making excuses.

Reaction Score
So, in other words, this is the worst its been since Calhoun got stuck cleaning up the year following Dom Perno.

And people get offended when KO gets compared to Dom Perno??? He has exceeded Perno with the worst loss in 40 years, and I am sure Nova will lay an epic spanking in a few weeks to even break Pernos record of ineptitude.

The stats dont lie.

Reaction Score
There is literally no legitimate reason for optimism. Hero ball may be enough to beat some of the bad teams on the schedule, but quality wins will be few and far between.

Reaction Score
So, in other words, this is the worst its been since Calhoun got stuck cleaning up the year following Dom Perno.

And people get offended when KO gets compared to Dom Perno??? He has exceeded Perno with the worst loss in 40 years, and I am sure Nova will lay an epic spanking in a few weeks to even break Pernos record of ineptitude.

The stats dont lie.
Won't have to wait a few weeks to tune for an epic spanking, just tune in tonight and you'll probably get what you're looking for.

Reaction Score
From Borges:
Yeah but have you ever watched Calhoun's UConn teams, person?

Reaction Score
Some additional ones that I can recall over the last few years...
  • Loss to Yale in 2015 snapped 68-game winning streak against state schools
  • 2nd largest halftime deficit in school history (Kansas NCAAT game, 20 points)
  • First losing season since 1986-1987
  • First ever season-opening loss at Gampel (Wagner)
  • Lost consecutive games to start season for first time since 1968-69 (Wagner and Northeastern)
Also, I've seen others point it out before, but UConn is 2-16 against top 25 teams since 2014-15, with about 4 or 5 games left this season against ranked opponents (Villanova, Cincinnati x2, Wichita State and maybe SMU if they keep winning between now and Jan. 25). Not sure if UConn will be able to win any of those games so they are on the verge of 4 straight seasons of with a losing record to ranked teams
2014-15: 1-4
2015-16: 1-4
2016-17: 0-5
2017-18: 0-3 with 4 or 5 games left​

The last time UConn went 4 seasons in a row with a losing record to ranked opponents:
1985-86: 0-6
1986-87: 0-9
1987-88: 2-5
1988-89: 1-7​

Reaction Score
bookmarked
Just like you bookmarked us having no chance against Zona, Auburn, and Wichita. Just like you bookmarked me never watching another Uconn game until we have a new coach. Just like you bookmarked me saying Alterique is done for the season etc...

Amazing how you continue to ride my d 1 ck instead of caring about what really ails UConn basketball.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
From Borges:
So, we are setting records?

Reaction Score
Just like you bookmarked us having no chance against Zona, Auburn, and Wichita. Just like you bookmarked me never watching another Uconn game until we have a new coach. Just like you bookmarked me saying Alterique is done for the season etc...

Amazing how you continue to ride my d 1 ck instead of caring about what really ails UConn basketball.

If you are truly "invested" in the program you had a great opportunity to speak to the AD before we played WSU. He was accessible. My post isn't intended to question your designation as a super fan. I am just letting you know there are other venues to express your feelings. The BY is read by various key observers of the program however.

Benedict made a few relevant comments at the podium....but before speaking a true UConn super fan that I was sitting next to was able to make it much more personal. This guy really bleeds blue so as you can imagine the convo was interesting.

Reaction Score
It has gotten beyond bad by any objective or subjective measure. Yeah, we will beat a few cupcakes this season. But anyone who is being objective and honest knows that things are not really turning around with this coaching staff.

A handful of you guys still want to construe being realistic as "negativity". But at the end of the day, it simply is what it is.

Reaction Score
Our team needs to look in the mirror and re-evaluate themselves.

Starts with KO and the staff and goes all the way down the roster.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
We were "bad" last year, this year, there isn't a word in the English dictionary to properly describe our ineptitude.

... ain't no other way around it

Reaction Score
This season is already setting records and lows not seen in decades, for all the wrong reasons, and it is not close to done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom