Some thoughts on this team, and our players, recently (and a bit about tonight's game) | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on this team, and our players, recently (and a bit about tonight's game)

Reaction Score
Well, we came back from way behind, which is great. Defense was, and has been, excellent. So, some observations on this team recently, and about our players. This may be a long post (like all of Tony C’s) but I hope not quite so long and wordy… lol

Still too many turnovers, and too many missed layups. And I’m not sure why they continue to come out so slowly at the beginnings of games, but they do. But they never give up.

Bad switches in the first half, leading to wide open Creighton 3 pt shots. Rushed shots on offense, and bad shot selection, which has been an ongoing theme. 2nd half totally different.

We can’t forget, however, that these past few games have all been Big East. Let’s see what happens against TN.

Now, as for individual players:

Liv has been playing great, consistently. On the few games where she doesn’t score much, she still does everything else.

CW has been playing pretty well of late. Not jacking up as many 3 pointers, playing good D, but still missing some layups.

Caroline can be, and will be great, but she still needs to learn shot selection. She doesn’t need to shoot every time she gets the ball, whether it is down low or from 3. I would love to know how many assists she has. Her hustle and D are very good.

Nika is Nika. Every now and then she will hit a shot (but not very often). If she ever gets her shooting to even average, she will be amazing. Her defense and toughness are great.

AE seems to be improving, but she is still not what we all hoped she would be this year, after such an impressive freshman year. Both she and Liv need to learn what is a traveling violation. Too many for bot of them.

Azzi… I don’t really know what to say. She’s been “okay,” but not what we all hoped for from a supposedly “generational talent.” She does show flashes, and has been injured, of course. But she doesn’t yet look anything like our previous generational talent, Paige. She’s mostly passive offensively, but she does hustle. I’m hoping for leaps and bounds improvement as the season goes on.

Dorka hasn’t played the last few games, but she has been coming on, and indeed has been one of the bright spots at the beginnings of games with her hustle and intensity.

And finally, Evina. Her “disappearance” earlier this season has been a mystery, but she slowly seems to be coming back to her impactful self. The two early 3’s she hit tonight, when no one else could score, were huge.

Reaction Score
General progress for everyone... Aaliyah needs to
pace herself better. Kudos to Chris Dailey.
We need to get some Jelly to go with the Peanut Butter!
Looking forward to Dorka's return to the rotation... IMO
it leads to better chemistry, high low passing, rebounding,
and overall execution. GO HUSKIES!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104