Some thoughts on last night | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
1. I was impressed with Colgate - they were way over-matched but most of the teams we play this year will be. I thought they played the same in the first 4 minutes as they did in the last 4 - no quit. They boxed out really well on the defense and they played a solid screening offense all night, getting some good looks. And except for Bank's last break-away, they didn't resort to overly physical play - played a nice honest defense with few fouls. They also got back on defense pretty well - only giving up fast breaks on bad turnovers.
2. I am really impressed with SNY production values - good camera angles, great replays during the game. It really does compare well to the CPTV product. (That is not meant as a knock against CPTV - what they did for Uconn BB was fabulous.) Clear to me that they are a 'sports' network with the experience/team to provide first class coverage. Loved the shot of Geno yelling at Bria 'too late, too late' on the pass to Stef that led to her walk under the basket. Liked the short segment on Shea.
3. Enjoyed the halftime interview with the Herbst siblings - not great interviews but cool that they got the two presidents on air.
4. BB and KF - what a difference a year makes! Kelly has always been great, but they are both so confident in their shot early this year. Hope that continues through the inevitable cold streaks that will come. I always thought Kelly could have a pro career, but if she keeps this up she will be a first round selection in the draft.
5. Would like to see Kiah more offensive minded - she has a sweet mid-range shot and good post moves, but doesn't seem to be looking to score most of the time. She is playing good defense and rebounding well, but she can be a lot more.
6. Buck had a pretty nice game. Her last block was spectacular.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah, that was a great block, effective and authoritative.

Reaction Score
Folks were really into cheering for Heather last night. She got everybody pumped up when she finally scored and finished off her night with that spectacular block. Fun to watch her get some cheers.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I don't get it - where is the pre-game and post game stuff? and where the hell is the Geno show?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't get it - where is the pre-game and post game stuff? and where the hell is the Geno show?
Good questions both - knew something was up when they showed Kara in the audience and not the studio.
I am guessing they are working some things through this year and the coverage will ramp up as the season goes along and they may have blown some extra stuff off with the coverage they provided for the PJ. I had not expected coverage for those games so was happy that we got that and would certainly trade a few pre/post games and a Geno show for three actual games any day.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Folks were really into cheering for Heather last night. She got everybody pumped up when she finally scored and finished off her night with that spectacular block. Fun to watch her get some cheers.

Plus the psychologically important 100th, point. I may be dreaming, but I got the sense the team knew it and was setting up a play to get her the ball.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Good questions both - knew something was up when they showed Kara in the audience and not the studio.
I am guessing they are working some things through this year and the coverage will ramp up as the season goes along and they may have blown some extra stuff off with the coverage they provided for the PJ. I had not expected coverage for those games so was happy that we got that and would certainly trade a few pre/post games and a Geno show for three actual games any day.

I suppose....but we were promised a Geno show and to date there has been naught....I am a bit disappointed. I suspect that if there isn't too much of an outcry, they may take it as a sign of little interest, and when it comes time to cut budgets, poof! Away it goes.

I suggest a peaceful rebellion

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Plus the psychologically important 100th, point. I may be dreaming, but I got the sense the team knew it and was setting up a play to get her the ball.
100 more than most, if not all, of us BY arm chair point guards have ever scored at UConn. Congrats Heather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom