Some Thoughts from Section 101 | The Boneyard

Some Thoughts from Section 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First off, Big props to fellow boneyard member BfieldHusky for hooking me up with a free ticket 4 rows off the floor. Thanks, I hope I can return the favor somehow.

Great crowd tonight. Although I really prefer Gampel, the XL Center crowd was great tonight. Made me think of past games there with GTown, Cuse, etc.

Miller is a godsend. So steady and reliable. He is our rock. Typical 12 and 7 for him. Always efficient and under control.

Brimah played really well. I think he had 16, 8, and 5 plus there were several times where you could tell SMU settled for a bad shot rather than bringing it into the lane. In my mind, it was easily Brimah's best game of the year, and it came against a first rate team.

Adams. Simply put, he HAS to be our point guard. Other than Hamilton distributing, there isn't another player on the team who has any real point guard skills.

Nic Moore is very, very good. Props to the defense on containing him.

My biggest takeaway from sitting almost courtside is that this team really needs Adams at the point if we are going to have any kind of run in March. Gibbs simply is not a point guard and can't really create his own shot at all. He is so much better playing off the ball.

Anyway, probably the best win of the season and a much better job closing things out tonight.

Reaction Score
First off, Big props to fellow boneyard member BfieldHusky for hooking me up with a free ticket 4 rows off the floor. Thanks, I hope I can return the favor somehow.

Great crowd tonight. Although I really prefer Gampel, the XL Center crowd was great tonight. Made me think of past games there with GTown, Cuse, etc.

Miller is a godsend. So steady and reliable. He is our rock. Typical 12 and 7 for him. Always efficient and under control.

Brimah played really well. I think he had 16, 8, and 5 plus there were several times where you could tell SMU settled for a bad shot rather than bringing it into the lane. In my mind, it was easily Brimah's best game of the year, and it came against a first rate team.

Adams. Simply put, he HAS to be our point guard. Other than Hamilton distributing, there isn't another player on the team who has any real point guard skills.

My biggest takeaway from sitting almost courtside is that this team really needs Adams at the point if we are going to have any kind of run in March. Gibbs simply is not a point guard and can't really create his own shot at all. He is so much better playing off the ball.

Anyway, probably the best win of the season and a much better job closing things out tonight.

Agree on Adams. I also think he needs to be back in the starting lineup. Obviously minutes matter more than who starts or who doesn't but I just think from a mental aspect, Omar can handle coming off the bench better than JA.

Reaction Score
Agree on Adams. I also think he needs to be back in the starting lineup. Obviously minutes matter more than who starts or who doesn't but I just think from a mental aspect, Omar can handle coming off the bench better than JA.

I agree. We simply have to work so much harder to get good looks than our opponents do when Adams is not in the game. It is really tough to beat a good team without a point guard/leader. The fact that we beat SMU speaks to the overall level of talent we have. If this team had an established decent/good point guard it would be a real contender.

Reaction Score
Gibbs isn't a great offensive PG but his defense on Moore tonight was fantastic. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
Indeed , Adams also showed some chops guarding Moore late. Adams has unbelievable upside on defense he made his rep when he guarded a healthy Caris levert well

Reaction Score
Gibbs isn't a great offensive PG but his defense on Moore tonight was fantastic. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
Yes, I noted this to Scot-e and ATL-Husky when watching the game with them tonight. SG played some good d for a change.

Reaction Score

Great game to be at! Glad you could go.

Reaction Score
Yes, It was a great game to be at. You could just tell that was a heavyweight fight and we answered the bell. I think the key in the 2nd half was the fact they never allowed SMU to gain the lead. It says a lot that we continued to play with the lead in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Only problem with jalen is he needs to throw the alley when draws the big man onto him after driving past his man. I feel like numerous times he missed a floater with a wide open Brimah ready for the pop. Other than that, he played a tremendous game and I am definitely happy he got back to playing with the swag we expected. His confidence is rising through the roof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom