Some Silver Linings | The Boneyard

Some Silver Linings

Reaction Score
The injuries the team has suffered this season have pretty much guaranteed that UConn wont be a factor in the national landscape this season. However, to see the 6 remaining scholarship players stick together and develop some toughness has been great to see.

Facey has emerged as a bona fide star. Not sure that would have happened with a full roster, in fact my gut tells me that he never would have gotten enough touches to really assert himself. Therefore, I am thrilled for Kentan and his new role on the team.

Similarly, Chtistian and Vance are getting minutes that they never would have seen with a full roster. Both will be important pieces of the 2017-18 team. I cant remember the last time a freshman UConn guard pulled down 10 rebounds or led the conference in 3 point shooting. Their emergence is definitely a huge bonus for the future.

Jalen was a bit off yesterday, but he is a legit star who is capable of taking over a game at any time. He will be a more consistent stud as a junior for sure.

And lastly, Rodney and Amida both looked very good on Sunday. I like both kids very much. Its nice to see them succeed and smile out there. They both will have pro careers somewhere. I will miss seeing them in UConn uniforms, albeit for very different reasons.

While it hasnt been a very good season, there are still lots of reasons to enjoy UConn basketball. These 6 kids have played with heart and toughness, and its starting to feel like UConn basketball again. They deserve major props for that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rodney has been playing a lot better ever since that post by WolfPits. Perhaps he just needed to know we wanted him around.

Rodney is best when he gets out on the break or can spot up and let the game come to him. He gets in trouble when he forces the issue and winds up taking low % shots. When Rodney is right, he can truly be an impact player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom