Some Questions I Have For Coach | The Boneyard

Some Questions I Have For Coach

Reaction Score
I've been apoplectic all early season about feeding the bigs against weaker opposition in order to develop the tools and create more balance against the tougher competition. Why the heck did we wait until today to show how inept and unprepared we are to do it with any shred of competence?!? Wasted possessions at the beginning of the game. You didn't emphasize it all season and you thought it would suddenly click?

That said, where was Cobb? We have no inside threat that can create and he sits on the bench. Carlton still looks slow and clumsy out there. He clearly needs to change his body and work on his quickness and didn't get it done during the off-season.

Why were we devolving into hero ball so early into the first half? Do we practice passing? Or shooting? You need to be able to do at least 1 of those 2 to beat decent teams. How the heck does Adam's look like he's never taken a jumpshot in his life?

Can we set and hold a decent screen? It's like we flash out and pretend to screen then leave our guard in a double because they never feed the screener anyway.

How does Polley disappear for most of the game? At least we know if he's cold he'll eventually heat up. Get him open and feed the beast! We've got other guys who are capable of missing shots all game long and I'd rather watch him miss from 3 than other guys throw up rocks and turn the ball over.

The players have to own up to not performing, but I have serious questions as to how our coaches "prepared" us for today's debacle.

Reaction Score
I've been apoplectic all early season about feeding the bigs against weaker opposition in order to develop the tools and create more balance against the tougher competition. Why the heck did we wait until today to show how inept and unprepared we are to do it with any shred of competence?!? Wasted possessions at the beginning of the game. You didn't emphasize it all season and you thought it would suddenly click?

That said, where was Cobb? We have no inside threat that can create and he sits on the bench. Carlton still looks slow and clumsy out there. He clearly needs to change his body and work on his quickness and didn't get it done during the off-season.

Why were we devolving into hero ball so early into the first half? Do we practice passing? Or shooting? You need to be able to do at least 1 of those 2 to beat decent teams. How the heck does Adam's look like he's never taken a jumpshot in his life?

Can we set and hold a decent screen? It's like we flash out and pretend to screen then leave our guard in a double because they never feed the screener anyway.

How does Polley disappear for most of the game? At least we know if he's cold he'll eventually heat up. Get him open and feed the beast! We've got other guys who are capable of missing shots all game long and I'd rather watch him miss from 3 than other guys throw up rocks and turn the ball over.

The players have to own up to not performing, but I have serious questions as to how our coaches "prepared" us for today's debacle.

Was not one of Hurley's better coaching performances. Not sure what’s going on with the lack of player movement and ball movement. Very stagnant. You have to have enough fortitude to push a leash on Adams and hold him accountable. Also, why our guards penetrate too deep with no options other than forcing rediculous shots seems like something the coach should be laser focused on.

Reaction Score

Like your comment about feeding the roll man in the pick and roll. Our bigs are good enough to get the ball come on coaches the pick and roll is the the best most indefenseable play in basketball if it is excused correctly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom