Some Question on MW Letter of Intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Appears wrong Walker signed it!

Walkerdidntsign.jpg

I thought a little humor might help shake off remaining game jitters. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I thought she was a good student. You mean she can't write?

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno offered Mrs. Walker a job as assistant coach?

If Geno accepted the letter signed by the mother he has a contract with her to play for Geno at UConn--I read where she a pretty good player--Now we can get off that YOUTH kick and get some Maturity on the team

Maybe Geno offered Mrs. Walker a job as assistant coach?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If Geno accepted the letter signed by the mother he has a contract with her to play for Geno at UConn--I read where she a pretty good player--Now we can get off that YOUTH kick and get some Maturity on the team
I do believe the standard form of the LOI has signature lines for the coach, the recruit, and the recruit's parent or guardian.

Reaction Score
I do believe the standard form of the LOI has signature lines for the coach, the recruit, and the recruit's parent or guardian.

I'm ignorant of most things in the world--but I do know a tiny bit of contract law. It was a joke--obviously a bad one--At age 17 momma and dada or guardian must sign--unless the recruit, like the mother, is old enough to sign--then Uconn WBB would have a tad bit more maturity and stop the age-est-ness occurring in College basketball --I haven't seen one college player the age of any of the recent presidents---.

Are you saying the mother too should have her parents sign/? interesting circular concept--if brought to its fullest conclusion would the NCAA require a digging contingent//??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Do you by any chance, start your own car?

Took me a while to get that. Shame on me. No. When I deign to go down to the valley for pizza, Chinese and such, I saddle up Old Reb and saunter on down. Thanks for asking though. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, killjoy. Not 18, not binding contract. Like ... wow Uc.... Okay, you were worried about the game....

Reaction Score

Thanks---I always learn something from you..

Reaction Score
Took me a while to get that. Shame on me. No. When I deign to go down to the valley for pizza, Chinese and such, I saddle up Old Reb and saunter on down. Thanks for asking though. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, killjoy. Not 18, not binding contract. Like ... wow Uc.... Okay, you were worried about the game....
You didn't know the recruits had to provide a 'set-aside" of 250,000 Geno bucks if they fail to 'perform'. But I do believe --binding went out with the Ding Dynasty--ding -ding!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe they can all play next year. I've heard Geno's board work is nice.

Reaction Score

Only the player and parent/guardian. No coach.

Parent/guardian normally must sign unless the player is 21 or older.

Last edited:

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Only the player and parent/guardian. No coach.

Parent/guardian normally must sign unless the player is 21 or older.
The age of majority is 18, unless you want to by liquor, the you have to be 21.

Reaction Score
The age of majority is 18, unless you want to by liquor, the you have to be 21.

True - but parents are still normally required to sign the NLI if the student-athlete is not 21. I think that is true for many other college financial aid programs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom