Some positive vibes, for once | The Boneyard

Some positive vibes, for once

Reaction Score
We all know The Boneyard can be utterly vicious at times: ad hominem attacks, ferocious insults, ruthless slander. I'm not saying we all need to hold hands and sing Disney princess songs. But I'd like to create a thread -- just a single one out of all the thousands here -- where people say something positive about any of the usual biggest punching bags here on these forums: Ollie, any of our centers this season, Susan Herbst, the football team, the experiencing of attending games especially at XL, etc.

Reaction Score
9A149C43-638B-48BF-AA6B-0B712E710059.jpeg

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Trying to evoke positivity into the boneyard is like trying to breathe underwater.... the harder you try the worse it gets and you will eventually drown.

The boneyard thrives on negativity. That's why this place is teeming with asinine threads after a bad loss, yet crickets after a nice win.

While some may end up posting nice things, I have no doubt this thread will turn into an eventual $**tshow. But hey...

4d4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ollie (and his teams) have not embarrassed the university with cringe-worthy news stories like stolen laptops, slapping co-eds around and not being good students.

There's the scooter thing, but at least that doesn't lend itself to "Where's My Laptop" style taunting chants

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
You're 0 for your first 5 posts on the BY. It's definitely going to get better from here.

Did I do it right? I don't feel any positive vibes yet.

Reaction Score
You're 0 for your first 5 posts on the BY. It's definitely going to get better from here.

Did I do it right? I don't feel any positive vibes yet.

You made me give him a like! My wife noted at the Tulane game that all our coaches looked spiffy in their suits and our team is much cuter (she picked me so that does put a qualifier on her taste in guys) than Tulane's.

Reaction Score
You made me give him a like! My wife noted at the Tulane game that all our coaches looked spiffy in their suits and our team is much cuter (she picked me so that does put a qualifier on her taste in guys) than Tulane's.
You may be onto something.
We are in need of some ugly dudes
They don’t have to be stars but just by their mere presence lend an air of invincibility to the program.
I use to have an all ugly team but we haven’t had many recent candidates.
We did have a recent recruit and I was salivating at the possibility of a fresh face ,no pun intended..
It’s a great honor to be named to this team and selectees should relish the fame.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
This could be a fun week for the boys. It's not often you get a home game vs #1.

Reaction Score
To me, the XL Center has charm that reminds me of going to games at Shea Stadium before it was turned into a parking lot for Citi Field. I enjoy it.
I have fond memories of whalers games there growing up, so I don't mind it. I just make sure not to drink much so I'm not always waiting in line for the men's room.

Reaction Score
There's the scooter thing, but at least that doesn't lend itself to "Where's My Laptop" style taunting chants

It took me a minute to remember the scooter thing when you mentioned it, so it must not have been that bad. Now the laptops, that was bad.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the Arkansas and Alabama games because they were a positive learning experience.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

At least nobody got hurt in the scooter incident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom