Some of you need to take a deep breath | The Boneyard

Some of you need to take a deep breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Louisville is picked to go to the ACC, it's not the end of the world. How do you think UVA, UNC, Duke and Wake feel about a school ranked 160th getting in because they're good at football? The ACC since it's induction has been about geographical fit and academics before athletics. They have thrown that away to bring in Louisville. Do you really think 50 million will stop UVA from getting the hell out of this conference and going to a conference filled with AAU members and joining the CIC?

I will guarantee you Louisville going to the ACC, if it happens, will not be the final move in realignment. ACC is not a prize either. It is MUCH MUCH better than the NBE, but we'd still be in there with a bunch of southern schools that would just consider us 'yankees'.

Anyway, just relax. No need to have an aneurysm over a decision you can't control

Reaction Score
If Louisville is picked to go to the ACC, it's not the end of the world. How do you think UVA, UNC, Duke and Wake feel about a school ranked 160th getting in because they're good at football? The ACC since it's induction has been about geographical fit and academics before athletics. They have thrown that away to bring in Louisville. Do you really think 50 million will stop UVA from getting the hell out of this conference and going to a conference filled with AAU members and joining the CIC?

I will guarantee you Louisville going to the ACC, if it happens, will not be the final move in realignment. ACC is not a prize either. It is MUCH MUCH better than the NBE, but we'd still be in there with a bunch of southern schools that would just consider us 'yankees'.

Anyway, just relax. No need to have an aneurysm over a decision you can't control

So just how long are we supposed to wait?

Reaction Score
But they are all (but maybe 2) voting for Louisville. So yes, I think they decided to hold their nose a bit to keep their conference strong. They gave in to Clemson, GT, FSU, etc. The academic reputation of UVa, UNC, Duke, Wake isn't going o suffer because they play Louisville in sports.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't care what they consider us: Yankees from the North, inbreds, hillbillies, martians, sasquatches. I don't give a .

You think it's not a big deal because we'd be playing with Southern schools? I don't know if you've seen the NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBE lineup or looked at a map recently, but I have news: we are now not only playing with Southern schools, but western ones, and northern ones, and eastern ones, and ones from China, and ones from Ghana, and who the knows what a Tulane is.

Reaction Score
As long as that deep breath also contains an intake of alcohol, I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
I said years ago that Tulane's nickname should be changed to the Highways. Never figured we'd share a league with them.

I also had a pun about Skidmore, maybe they'll be in our league soon too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You know what? No.

I invested way too much into UConn athletics to see it destroyed.

It is a big deal to me and tomorrow is the end of the world as far as I am concerned.

i feel the same way until the last line u wrote. we will have better days ahead than lville has ever had. ppl just need to be patient.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is no future invitation coming. When Uconn is drawing 20k to football games and 5k to hoops games, we will not be on any league's "must add" list.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The biggest lie ever is that Louisville is good at football.

How Louisville suddenly became a football super power is beyond me. Every fcking reporter, message board and jerk off on twitter revels in Louisville's supposed gridiron mystique.

Reaction Score
So much for the ACC not going after WVU because of academics, WVU would have been a much better choice. Oh the hypocrisy.

Reaction Score

This This 1000 times this and I say it knowing UConn is nothing special either. We just proved Saturday the myth that UL is amazing at football when we, little UConn, beat them. They played a laughably weak schedule. Did anyone on our side show the ACC their schedule this year? Best win was UNC.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Louisville add (if it happens) was strictly strategic. They didn't want to lose Louisville to the Big 12.

Reaction Score

You're right. I should have put 'because some idiots perceive them to be good at football'

Reaction Score
Looks like the Louisville add (if it happens) was strictly strategic. They didn't want to lose Louisville to the Big 12.

They still can lose ville to the 12.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No games have been played in the NNNBE. It's a conference that exists on paper at the moment. Yes, I freakin hate being on that list at the moment, but I'm not going to write us off until we are actually playing in that god-forsaken conference.

Reaction Score
They still can lose ville to the 12.
That is true. In that case, beats the out of me why they'd choose Louisville. Another poster said we were snobby. Warde partying in the Virgin Islands doesn't look too good now. Also, we still have yet to build a basketball practice facility.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I concur with the OP

we will be fine, even if it takes more time then we'd like it to

I think the SEC and B12 will be looking to expand soon enough, I think they'll tap the ACC (especially the SEC). Then the ACC looks to us again

and if any conference wants to increase exposure in the northeast, we're the last man standing

although it is somewhat perplexing to me how the school that became the big east flagship, the national name, the defender of the conferences reputation over the last decade plus, is the one on the outside looking in

Reaction Score
although it is somewhat perplexing to me how the school that became the big east flagship, the national name, the defender of the conferences reputation over the last decade plus, is the one on the outside looking in
Louisville does have more Big East titles since joining.

Reaction Score
I invested way too much into UConn athletics to see it destroyed.

The only athletics department that is destroyed at the moment is that of BC. And guess what? They've been in the ACC for the last 8 years.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The only athletics department that is destroyed at the moment is that of BC. And guess what? They've been in the ACC for the last 8 years.

Destroyed all they way to the freaking bank.

They're about to pay good money to get a good FB coach. Money UConn cannot touch.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the freak out has quickly reached highs as i predicted. it wont start to settle until around dinner time 2moro i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom