Some next season predictions | The Boneyard

Some next season predictions

Reaction Score
With all the talk about next year with the portal, superteams, and everything we should share our predictions for the team and wcbb.

- Caroline is going to have a breakout year. I think she will be in great form and contribute a lot for us next season.

- Aaliyah, Ice, and Jana are going to rule the front court. Personally, I think these 3 ladies are gonna be the star bigs. They all can shoot, are athletic, run the floor, and score in the paint. Even though Ice and Jana are inexperienced, I think this summer they will learn a lot and contribute a lot this season.

- Paige is gonna rule wcbb. Paige is gonna be hungrier than ever and gonna lead us in games.

- INJURY FREE SZN. After these 2 seasons, I think this team is(hopefully) done with the injuries and we finnaly get to not stress.

- UCONN will make it to the final four and be national champions. I truly think this team has everything to be successful it’s all in their hands. (My final four prediction would be UConn, LSU, ND, South Carolina)

Reaction Score
With all the talk about next year with the portal, superteams, and everything we should share our predictions for the team and wcbb.

- Caroline is going to have a breakout year. I think she will be in great form and contribute a lot for us next season.

- Aaliyah, Ice, and Jana are going to rule the front court. Personally, I think these 3 ladies are gonna be the star bigs. They all can shoot, are athletic, run the floor, and score in the paint. Even though Ice and Jana are inexperienced, I think this summer they will learn a lot and contribute a lot this season.

- Paige is gonna rule wcbb. Paige is gonna be hungrier than ever and gonna lead us in games.

- INJURY FREE SZN. After these 2 seasons, I think this team is(hopefully) done with the injuries and we finnaly get to not stress.

- UCONN will make it to the final four and be national champions. I truly think this team has everything to be successful it’s all in their hands. (My final four prediction would be UConn, LSU, ND, South Carolina)
I like your optimism. This is what the summer is for: BBQs and boundless optimism!

I agree with all of your predictions, and most of all I expect something great from Caroline. She is such an interesting package of skills and heart. I can hardly wait to see what she can bring in the fall.

Reaction Score
I like your optimism. This is what the summer is for: BBQs and boundless optimism!

I agree with all of your predictions, and most of all I expect something great from Caroline. She is such an interesting package of skills and heart. I can hardly wait to see what she can bring in the fall.
I'm only surprised @Tonyc didn't start this thread. :D

Reaction Score
Simply no way to predict how successful next season will be............it used to be only a question of how well Geno's teams performed in big games but injuries have wreaked havoc over the past few classes, so we never even got that far........I'm pretty confident that if the big three of Paige, Azzi and Aaliyah can remain healthy UConn will reach the Final Four............how the rest of the team performs may determine if they win it all......

Reaction Score

Not to mention the play of Amari Deberry!! GO AMARI!

Reaction Score
UCONN wins the BE conference & BE tournament.
Also, the sun rises in the East & sets in the West.
But don’t quote me

Reaction Score
I am really interested in how well they can defend with this group of players. In most games it won't matter because they will be able to score as many as they need to win but can they stop the other team?

I like the team, I think the European trip will really help them get a jump on conditioning and newer girls getting experience on the floor. Like always they have a difficult out of conference schedule so I don't see them going undefeated but they will compete for number 12.

Reaction Score
Each season the only thing I hope for is team stays healthy and avoids injuries and illnesses!
Then everything else will fall into place!
I predict after two horrible injury-ridden seasons the Huskies will remain mostly injury free!
And reap some major success!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's time!!! There is no doubt that UConn will be challenged this coming season. We know and expect that. The thing is, with our entire roster "healthy" and extremely eager and motivated to put their collective potential on display to see how many basketball games they can win, running the table is not out of the realm of possibility, but it won't be a walk in the park either. We wouldn't have it any other way. If you want to be the best, you've got to play and beat the best. As usual, every team on UConn's schedule will be poised to know off the Huskies.

Our core players are not going to be "on" every night. At times during the season, each one of them is going to be out of rhythm and can't get their shot to fall. That's when the reserves come in and pick up the slack for that night. We have a deep and very capable bench this coming season. The mindset for the reserves should be....be ready when your name is called. Five minutes or 25 minutes, be ready. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno will pass Tara for all time coaching wins.
THAT is very possible. With the loss of Betts, Stanford's team and fortunes will be slightly diminished this coming season. You can't lose a 6'7" post-player and not feel the loss. Betts' departure left coach Van Derveer in a tight spot. No way was she going to be able to replace her. 6'7" post players that can qualify academically to enroll at Stanford that want to go there don't come along often. Stanford will field a formidable team as they always do, but Betts would have made them "extremely" tough, especially at home.

I was not looking or expecting Geno to bring anyone in from the portal this summer. I was elated that we also didn't lose anyone to the portal. THAT should tell you something. We've got everything we need to reach our goal this coming year. However, if Betts had really expressed a burning desire to come to Storrs, I think it would have been very hard for Geno to say no. We've got several players on this year's roster I think are poised to have a breakout season, some of whom are freshmen. :cool: I think this will be the best team Geno has had since the Breanna Stewart era.

Reaction Score
If -and it's a big IF - IF UCONN is healthy, UCONN should be an enormous favorite. There is too much offensive firepower.

In the past Paige and Azzi at diferent times have equalled or exceeded Clark. This is two players on 1 team. Even if they aren't equal to Clark now end by the end of the season (as season progrsses a full year for Paige and Azzi will more than likley show a rapid improvement.) they are close. And Clark didn't have Edwards.

And when healthy, Ducharme was certainly living up to her H/S rating. When she is on the floor when healthy her game showed an extremely gifted offensive force..

If heatlthy, there is no way UCONN isn't #1.

Reaction Score
If -and it's a big IF - IF UCONN is healthy, UCONN should be an enormous favorite. There is too much offensive firepower.

In the past Paige and Azzi at diferent times have equalled or exceeded Clark. This is two players on 1 team. Even if they aren't equal to Clark now end by the end of the season (as season progrsses a full year for Paige and Azzi will more than likley show a rapid improvement.) they are close. And Clark didn't have Edwards.

And when healthy, Ducharme was certainly living up to her H/S rating. When she is on the floor when healthy her game showed an extremely gifted offensive force..

If heatlthy, there is no way UCONN isn't #1.
UCONN and LSU are currently co-favorites to win the 2024 title. As defending champs, LSU is likely to be ranked #1 at the start of the season. Both data points and all rankings are irrelevant The only thing that does matter is which team is holding the trophy at the end of the tournament. Hopefully Huskies fan can enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
My only prediction is, at some point in the season, folks are going to be upset with our place in the ranking system. If we are ranked 8th, folks are going to be complaining that we should be higher. If we are in the Top Four, someone is going to be upset because we are not Top two. ;):D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tara 1,186 wins, Geno 1,180 wins. So, if your prediction is correct, then we both will be correct. and vice versa.

I don't think Geno will catch Tara this season, though he may narrow the gap. There are rumors that Tara will retire after this season. Geno will pass her then.

Reaction Score
I was not looking or expecting Geno to bring anyone in from the portal this summer. I was elated that we also didn't lose anyone to the portal. THAT should tell you something. We've got everything we need to reach our goal this coming year. However, if Betts had really expressed a burning desire to come to Storrs, I think it would have been very hard for Geno to say no. We've got several players on this year's roster I think are poised to have a breakout season, some of whom are freshmen. :cool: I think this will be the best team Geno has had since the Breanna Stewart era.
This has been my line, too. The team is plenty strong enough to compete for an NC for the next several years. Try to make it any stronger and you may break it. And you may break it for the next few years. Geno has built a powerhouse. It's time to watch and see what he can accomplish with it.

I think of the 2017-18 team that dominated with energy, transition, quick passing, and pg by committee. It wasn't about having a dominant big. The starting frontline was super confident and unafraid to go up against taller players. They blew A'Ja Wilson and SC off the court by 29 pts. They ultimately lost To ND in an OT nail biter in the FF game, but they could have won it too.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom