Some moments from ECU game that may not have been on camera | The Boneyard

Some moments from ECU game that may not have been on camera

Reaction Score
I was at the game on Sunday and you always get to see some stuff that the cameras don't always catch on tv. Thought I'd share some of those moments:

1) I'm not sure if it was just me, but I thought that national anthem was one of the best renditions I've ever heard live or on tv. That lady was good. My only thought afterwards was she should be doing the national anthem for the Super Bowl.

2) There was a moment early in the game where Amida was shooting free throws. KO called out to some of the players, and Purvis, Vital, and Vance came up to him and KO met them on the court. For some reason that moment just resonated with me. It was just powerful/beautiful to see the loyalty and belief the kids have in their coach KO. During this brutal season, in which Purvis has not been playing all too well, to see them march up to KO and eagerly take in his directions and for KO to meet them halfway was just awesome to see.

3) Late in the game in which the outcome was essentially set, Purvis inbounded the ball on the sideline, and passed it to Vital, who quickly got double teamed, and instead of passing the ball, he held on to the ball looking to get fouled but instead he travelled. Purvis was pretty upset because he was wide open near Vital but Vital didn't pass him the ball, Purvis let him know. Vital played a great game but thats the 2nd or 3rd time in late game situations in which he held on to the ball looking to get fouled but instead turned it over. In a closer game that stuff could end up costing us some games.

4) At some point in the 2nd half, out of an ECU timeout, KO designed a defensive tactic to surprise ECU and have Purvis and Vital double team the one ECU player who was played well, they pounced on him on the XL logo well behind the 3point line and it ended up with an ECU turnover. KO has some of the best offensive and defensive plays coming out of timeouts. Contrary to the KO haters out there, KO is a great Xs and Os coach.

5) Some of the best moments of attending a game, is seeing KO celebrate with the players after a good game. When he subbed in the walk ons and took out Kentan and Vital, I got a chance to see how he embraced both of those players. KO really comes off as a father figure. Love how genuinely happy he is for his players and how genuinely happy the players are for him.

Reaction Score
4) At some point in the 2nd half, out of an ECU timeout, KO designed a defensive tactic to surprise ECU and have Purvis and Vital double team the one ECU player who was played well, they pounced on him on the XL logo well behind the 3point line and it ended up with an ECU turnover.
This was after an ECU timeout with about 7:50 left, and us flagging in terms of energy. So we had that timeout to rest, then KO surprised them with the 2-3 zone trap out of that timeout, which forced a turnover, which led immediately to a TV timeout.

So the team got about 5 minutes of rest right when they needed it most. It was really, really well done by KO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom