Some Guy Article on This Weekend | The Boneyard

Some Guy Article on This Weekend

Reaction Score
This also was a weekend when UConn had its ribbon-cutting for the Hall of Champions in the lobby of the Werth Family Center. The place is superb. There are encased championship trophies and nets. There are glass murals of the greats. There are interactive features. It’s a 21st century mini Hall of Fame.

“It’s hard to be a 17- or 18-year old kid and not walk in here and feel inspired,” Allen said Saturday.

That part isn’t ironic. That part is planned. Yes, it took a while to get the Werth lobby spruced up in a way befitting those 15 national titles. Too long. But it got done. And now it’s a showcase for recruits, a magnet, just as Lobo’s giant No. 50 and Allen’s No. 34 are inside Gampel. There were a bunch of recruits in for this game, seven including already committed James Bouknight and Jalen Gaffney.

“Ray shares, man," Hurley said. "Ray loves to share the wisdom. Ray has reached out to players on the team, to me with encouraging text messages. He doesn’t do it in a billboard manner. He does it behind the scenes.
We’re beginning to write a new chapter in UConn history, a new book, turn the page on the last couple of years. I think Ray’s going to have a heavy presence around here once we get the summer sessions and the new Huskies come in.”

Jeff Jacobs: An ironic twist in UConn’s gem of a weekend

Reaction Score
He also says Ray was seen giving Eric Cobb a shooting tutorial (in his 3-piece suit) on Saturday...likely not an issue, but why Cobb, not say Brendan Adams or any other of the guys we want shooting the ball?

Reaction Score
Outstanding article.

“Some of the best coaches I’ve ever played for, big-named coaches but they always ask questions,” Allen said. “That’s the one thing I’ve learned from being around incredible people, presidents, administrators, they always ask questions. That’s Hurley. He asks questions.”

That's high praise coming from Ray. I don't get the impression he's the kind of guy who throws out compliments lightly.

Reaction Score
He also says Ray was seen giving Eric Cobb a shooting tutorial (in his 3-piece suit) on Saturday...likely not an issue, but why Cobb, not say Brendan Adams or any other of the guys we want shooting the ball?
I noticed Cobb putting up threes in warm ups before the team went back into the locker room. Thats probably why.

Reaction Score
Ray lives in Miami right? But he certainly doesn’t want to sweat it out there in the summer so I pray that he does work with the team if he is allowed. Would he be allowed to be in the gym with them when they scrimmage in the summer or is that a violation?

Reaction Score
Maybe Ray was only seen giving tips to Cobb at that point in time?

C

Chief00

Ray lives in Miami right? But he certainly doesn’t want to sweat it out there in the summer so I pray that he does work with the team if he is allowed. Would he be allowed to be in the gym with them when they scrimmage in the summer or is that a violation?
He also has a house in Old Saybrook.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
He also has a house in Old Saybrook.

They move back to CT every summer because Ray’s mother lives in Wellesley and Ray’s wife Shannon, her parents live in Mass as well. He is a member at Lake of Isles. Plays there 3-4 times a week in the summer months.

C

Chief00

They move back to CT every summer because Ray’s mother lives in Wellesley and Ray’s wife Shannon, her parents live in Mass as well. He is a member at Lake of Isles. Plays there 3-4 times a week in the summer months.

His wife and her family are originally from Middletown, CT.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Outstanding article.

“Some of the best coaches I’ve ever played for, big-named coaches but they always ask questions,” Allen said. “That’s the one thing I’ve learned from being around incredible people, presidents, administrators, they always ask questions. That’s Hurley. He asks questions.”

That's high praise coming from Ray. I don't get the impression he's the kind of guy who throws out compliments lightly.
Plus he's friends with KO, so complimenting his replacement may not come easy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom