some great stuff from Jim Boeheim.... | The Boneyard

some great stuff from Jim Boeheim....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...talks about UCONN to ACC, expansion, being kept out of the loop, football $$$, Bob Knight, Guatemala and Argentina...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/09/boeheim_thinks_uconn_and_possi.html

LOL

Boeheim, who has in-laws that live in Alabama, was a rare basketball coach to speak at the Monday Morning Quarterback Club. Bob Knight, John Calipari and Rick Pitino have previously been speakers.

"Coach Knight is legendary," Boeheim told the audience, "and the other two think they are."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What a great article especially the following: Boeheim, who has in-laws that live in Alabama, was a rare basketball coach to speak at the Monday Morning Quarterback Club. Bob Knight, John Calipari and Rick Pitino have previously been speakers.
"Coach Knight is legendary," Boeheim told the audience, "and the other two think they are."

ctchamps

Reaction Score
LOL

Boeheim, who has in-laws that live in Alabama, was a rare basketball coach to speak at the Monday Morning Quarterback Club. Bob Knight, John Calipari and Rick Pitino have previously been speakers.

Great minds think alike. LOL.

Reaction Score
That quote about Knight, Pitino, and Calipari is priceless.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Jimmy doesn't want to leave" the neighborhood"of the Big East. I'm sure JC and Dixon feel the same way.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Only these established coaches can be so openly critical of their schools decision making process. I guess if the Syracuse administration had their way in establishing the parts of the world that would comprise the US, we would not be having an immigration problem.

Reaction Score
Boeheim said he expects the ACC Tournament will mostly be held in the South and occasionally come to Madison Square Garden in New York, where the Big East has annually held its tournament.

"It's a great place for a tournament," he said. "Where would you want to go to to a tournament for five days? Let's see: Greensboro, North Carolina, or New York City? Jeez. Let me think about that one and get back to you."

Despite being right on I'm sure that quote will go over real well down south.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Boeheim said he expects the ACC Tournament will mostly be held in the South and occasionally come to Madison Square Garden in New York, where the Big East has annually held its tournament.

"It's a great place for a tournament," he said. "Where would you want to go to to a tournament for five days? Let's see: Greensboro, North Carolina, or New York City? Jeez. Let me think about that one and get back to you."

That was also funnier than heck. I don't know if they will publicly agree, but most southerners aren't that stupid. It would be pride that would prevent them from openly admitting it. And he did make that statement down south I believe.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Can anyone really imagine Duke or UNC playing the conference tournament outside of their home state?!?

male19-male-crying-tears-smiley-emoticon-000061-large.gif

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I've actually spent quite a bit of time in Greensboro, for work.

There's nothing to do there. Hard to find great BBQ, too.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"If conference commissioners were the founding fathers of this country, we would have Guatemala, Uruguay and Argentina in the United States," Boeheim said. "This audience knows why we are doing this. There's two reasons: Money and football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love the quotes from Boeheim! Too funny.

Reaction Score

I went to a few training classes there for my last company and that place SUCKS.

Reaction Score
It's a nice place to live. As far as action and a basketball tournament, yeah, it sucks.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's a nice place to live. As far as action and a basketball tournament, yeah, it sucks.

I'm sure it's a very nice place to live. I know someone who moved there from NYC and he really likes it. But if you're looking for a good time, look elsewhere. There's only so much time you can spend at the O. Henry Hotel bar...

Reaction Score

You couldn't find good barbeque in Greensboro? That's quite sad. It's too far west for that vinegary stuff they make down there right?

Reaction Score

even the hayseeds in north carolina can't actually disagree with that, can they ?

maybe they've never actually BEEN to NYC. i guess that could be their excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA